• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

which broad head to use?

cave_man64

Whatever you're confident in and will fly true will put a gobbler down in a hurry. Shot placement is the most important thing. The vitals on a turkey are pretty small so a larger head will obviously increase your odds at clipping something "good", but definitely not necessary. With that said, I've had great luck with Rocket Hammerheads. I've been using them a long time and haven't found a reason to switch. Some say you can't shoot them through mesh but I've done it many times with success. Pick a head, practice with it, and know where the vitals are on a turkey relaxed, strutting, & everything in between and you'll be ready. It's not easy but it's very rewarding. Good luck.

I agree with everyone else, I was going to buy some rage 2 blades last year for turkeys I have allways liked expandables for them but at $38 for three I decided just to use my big game heads a 4 blade slicktrick mag since I had a dozen of them around and the bird didn't know the differance.

You can't lose with Rage 2-Blades. Arguably the most versatle, effective broadhead on the market.

I wanted to get a guillotine as well, but shot conditions have to be just right. If you have a big Tom that won't stop you won't have much of a chance for a head shot.

I agree with vman11 I had people telling me last year they didnt get thier bird last year with the gillotines because the didn't offer a shot but would have had them with a regular head, if you are confident in your equipment you can still shoot them in the head with a standard broadhead and guess what is they don't offer that shot you can still take them in the in the vitals.

I shot mine with the 2 blade rage I ended up shooting it a little left and took off its wing and messed up its leg. I didn't hit anything vital but it wasn't going to get away. I wont shot them again for deer but they make a great turkey broad head.