• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AZ Fishing Trip-- so far

Crawlerman

Greetings all in the cold North from nice and warm Arizona! Where I am staying with my Grandparents for a few days. I packed two telescoping poles and a small selection of bass and trout lures in my suitcase.

I've been here two days, and thus far have not caught a fish. We've been marking a few on the graph-- altough there's a lot of "debree" around where the "fish" we marked are... could have been shad or just fish the finder refused to identify. So far we've tried 2 different Resivors; Saguarro (sp? It's the name of the Catcus) and today Canyon. Both are just Northwest of Phoenix. We covered a good area on Saguarro last night and ran up and down Canyon (and the river it's attached to...)today for over 6 hrs without a single fish. We threw everything from inline spinners to crankbaits, plastics and jigs; and I fished for a good part of the day with Nightcrawlers under a float. It is nice to be able to have the chance to drive a boat again... and the cliffsides on the resivors are really pretty... but.. no fish. We saw one group come in with two decent Largemouths on a stinger, but everyone else said they pretty much got skunked as well.

Sadly enough it looks like Grandpa has his mind set on Golfing today, so I'll be skunked.

Oh well, better luck next time...

[This message has been edited by Crawlerman (edited 01-12-2003).]