• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

GOIN' SOUTH

O.K by the last post people think i should go somewhere.
Took a trip to Bull Shoals in March a few years ago,pretty slow fishin'. Any idea's,
Montana sounded good........ nope NORTH of central Minn. won't work. Need warm weather.
FLorida won't work either i need a quick trip.

well since you said quick trip i cant help i was actually gonna recommend south padre island in south texas

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• How do you keep those solid whole covers from freezing over the hole?
    • The ant moat idea seems interesting.  Go to a second had store or a Goodwill type of place and see if you can find a Bundt pan.  Use that and see how things work out.  
    • Could you be a little more specific on this cocktail timing deal? Size matters! 😏  
    • I have been doing whole prime rib on a weber grill since I was 20 years old and they cost 2.99 lb at the long ago defunct Country Club Market in St. Paul. I put the coals on each side for indirect heat and add salt and pepper and garlic. For the garlic I put the fat side up and take a knife and put holes into the fat down to meat. In each hole I put a garlic clove. I don't add any pellets or wood chips for smoke. I just want to taste that beef cooked in owns fat with a few spices but go ahead and add some smoke to it if that is what you want.
    • The storm last weekend  has moved the birds into the heavy duty winter cover. We had pretty good hunting in the cattails the last couple of days. Perfect weather helped.
    • In my humblest of opinions the simpler the better for prime rib.   Take it out of the refrigerator, salt (kosher) the entire piece and let stand until it's at room temp. Stick it into your smoker/oven at 450-500 degrees until crusted (about 1 cocktail). Lower heat to 325. Have a least 3 cocktails before poking it with a thermometer. Remove once internal temp is 120. Let rest for at least 1 more cocktail Cut and serve with horseradish.
    • In the worst case, the population would have to be held at a low level for a few years, like maybe 5.      I still haven't seen much indication that prions in the dirt are an issue in actuality (as opposed to theoretically).   
    • Fire Mike Preifer now : https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders-nfl/kicking-adjustment-makes-difference-for-raiders-daniel-carlson-1546061/
    • The prions will always be in the soil, so the “clean” population will eventually contract them and we’re back to where we are now.    I love the the idea of trying to control CWD, but I don’t believe we can.   
    • I have not but it really sounds interesting. The video I watched used garlic, butter and thyme sprig when they seared it. Looked perfect when they cut it open.