• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Costa Rica

I know there is no ice in Costa Rica (Tamarindo Beach) but I will be there next week.
Any of you guys ever fished there? I will be there for quite a few days and am planning to fish at least one day. Can any one recomend some launches or guides? Any advice will be appreciated!
Mike

[This message has been edited by Walleye Pimp (edited 12-17-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Walleye Pimp (edited 12-17-2002).]

I honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta in May, from my experience I suggest you take a cab(hold on baby!!!)to the bigger marina in the area and spend a little time going into the shops and look at their photo albums and see what they have been catching lately and what their boats are like and if you even like the guys. I fished with a guide on a small boat and was dissapointed, didn't have radio or sonar but caught a few bonito,$150 usd. The next day we went 20 or so miles to the marina, talked to some serious anglers at their store, went out for the full day trip, they supplied lunch and all beverages, had top of the line gear, 25'+ boat everyone caught fish (marlin) and was happy. They would even refund half your fee if you didn't hook into anything $200 usd. Well worth it to spend the little extra to show your buddies back home what a 100# sailfish looks like.

When I was in Puarto Vallarta there was a bunch of cold water in the area and even the locals said the fishing was horible. I would have liked to go though.
Mike

WP do a search on these folks. These are the guys that I have seen Sharra, Winkleman and I think the Capras fishing with. There is a link for them on lots of Sportfishing pages.

Golfito Sportfishing

All I can say is I wish I were going along. Make sure you eat lots of the local seafood dishes, (Huacinango Veracruzana - Camaranones Diablo - banana leaf tamales )

Another good Language tip - "Otras cervezas, por favor" ... (another round of Beer please)

Buenas Suerte !!!

You should charter a boat and go out! I was in Mazatlan over Thanksgiving, and caught an 8 foot sailfish and a 40# mahi mahi. I could have fished longer if two of the kids hadn't gotten seasick frown.gif . You're going to be in one of the best places in the world for marlin fishing! You HAVE to look into it and GO!
Good Luck!
(Take dramamine or bonine if it's even a little rough though wink.gif )