• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 weeks...lucky guy! I'm headed up there on June 5th. I'll be there 1 week. I booked my river fishing with Tyland Van Lier at "alaska fishing and lodging". I'm fising with him June 9 &10. He's out of Soldotna and fishes the Kenai. He has good prices and he came highly remmended.

I would give him a call and discuss it. Tell him Dan Oliver told you to call.

I'm doing my Halibut fishing out of Homer with Mike Mann one day and Captn B's another day. Who are you doing your Halibut fishing with?

Good luck and have a great trip!

Deep Down,

Will be in Anchorage for a day (6/19), on to Homer and Seward, Soldanta, and the Kenai. Hoping around the area isn't a problem. Would love to hit the Golkana but that will be too much driving, I think.

Hope to fish all these areas at least a little since I'll have time each day if not the whole day. Advice as to where, time and what to use (and who if needed) is appreciated.

Have one day for Halibut and Rocks booked with Capt. B's. Another day with someone else? Maybe, but I think I'd rather hit a river trip with a guide. Both if I can swing it. lol

Thanks in advance to all. The door here in Central NY is always open.

Ray

Heres a couple very good Kenai king guides, both by reputation and my experiences....

Mark Glassmaker

Fenton Brothers

In June, a drift boat down the kasilof (right by the kenai) is a pretty sure bet for multiple king hookups, and a different way to do it. But avoid Bob Bell...personal experience:(

http://jimruskfishingalaska.com/

About 5 years ago I used Jim Rusk who works out of Soldotna. He works hard to put fish in the boat. He is dedicated and really likes to fish for kings. We fished for kings for 5 straight days and he never let up. We put a lot of nice fish in the boat. I can't say the same things about the guide we used 2 years ago. I'd recommend you schedule at least two days back to back because the fish in the river depend on the runs. To give you an example two of us totaled 14 on one day and then 2 the next. Averaged 8 on the other days.