• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar FL-22 HD - Consumer Reviews

OnIce

im still at +1 grinwinkgrin i do think that it will be a great unit. like i said before, i love my fl-18 but i will not buy the new fl-22 because of price and the fact that i would not be able to fish deeper than 60fow. Even when im laker fishing i usally dont fish deeper than 60fow but the option has to be there while im out on the ice.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself very fortunate to have a long time working relationship with Vexilar. And as part of that relationship I have also had the good fortune to be able to contribute in various aspects of promotion, product development, testing, and research. I contribute, as do many others, so in the end many contribute as a team to the end result. In my view that team contribution strategy is the key to refining and developing a good solid reliable product line.

The Vexilar Tech's are the real authority's on all things "Techie". I feel it fair to say I'm "in the loop", and endeavor to keep up with them...as best I can.

It never fails to amaze me how brand loyal people jump in to bash other brands when they come out with a new product.And it seems that the ice fishing industry is right up top when it comes to that.Isnt new technology a bonus for all of us?Doesnt it drive competitors to keep making advancements or fall by the wayside.Pricing is pricing,it is what it is.If its to high then nobody will buy it and the manufacturer will suffer the fate.Im sort of brand loyal myself but if something new comes out I like to investigate to see what advantages the new product can do to help me in my quest for fish.If I like what I see then Ill buy it,If it doesnt fit my style of fishing or I cant afford it I wont.2cnts

Ya I hear ya croix, I am a vexilar guy myself so I always look forward to what kind of new stuff they got out. Being a vexilar fan I am a little more critical of what they got vs others. I guess we will have to just wait and see what it can do before making too many judgements. I still won't back down from saying the price is too high but there is nothing I can do about and it is what it is.

For me, I was hoping to see a lcd and auto depth like hummingbird but who knows maybe its gonna be worth it. They could easily come out with a deep water model too if they see the demand for it. I cant wait to get my hands on one and try it out.

Press Release I.C.A.S.T

Vexilar Launches ALL NEW FL-22HD for 2010 Ice Season

Minneapolis, MN. Vexilar, the world leader in three-color sonar technology has raised the bar for flasher sonar performance with the introduction of their all new FL-22HD sonar system.

37910_469078065298_667510298_6339741_811

“While other sonar companies try to “Out Power” each other by making it a race to see who has more output power, Vexilar understands that after 50 years of watching the copycats; the serious angler understands that big numbers on the side of a box is no substitute for a real world increase in resolution, target ID and reliability. Vexilar focused their research and development on a new generation of winter sonar system technology with the FL-22HD. Simply put, it delivers the highest resolution and best target display ever in a Flasher sonar system,” stated Tom Zenanko from Vexilar. Mr. Zenanko said, “The FL-22HD is not for everyone as it offers ranges down to only 60 feet, but ranges start at 10 foot. So it is ideal for many shallow water anglers. When you combine it with the new Vexilar Tri-Beam transducer, you can fish in any fishing scenario with a new level of clarity and resolution.”

The magic in the new FL-22HD starts with its ability to match the output pulse length with each depth range making for an ideal balance between target ID and display resolution. This is a first with any flasher sonar and since it delivers the best possible resolution at each depth range, you are able to see more detail and understand more about what is going on below. The FL-22HD also has a built-in low power mode, ideal for fishing in heavy weeds and still spotting your fish targets. Two zoom zones that target the bottom 6 or 12 feet of the water column. It also offers a 6 foot Bottom Lock feature for use during the open water season. All of this with target ID down to 1/8 inch, built in night mode and now consumes 25% less power to last longer on a single battery charge.

35144_469078650298_667510298_6339749_343

A very understandable perspective for deep water fisherman.

Steve you may find upgrading your existing FL-20 ducer to the new Tri-Beam very useful though, in all depths....especially deep. wink

Mebbe so, Ed. I'm thinking about it. The existing dual beam ducer on my 20, and the depth capabilities, are excellent for me. I still need a bit of convincing that subtlety is an important component of on-ice electronics when it comes to lakers. They're about as subtle as freight trains, drunk people, and herds of stampeding buffalo. grin

Press Release I.C.A.S.T

Mr. Zenanko said, “The FL-22HD is not for everyone as it offers ranges down to only 60 feet, but ranges start at 10 foot. So it is ideal for many shallow water anglers. When you combine it with the new Vexilar Tri-Beam transducer, you can fish in any fishing scenario with a new level of clarity and resolution.”

35144_469078650298_667510298_6339749_343

I am not trying to put the new vex down as it looks very nice. Being that I am going to school to be a law enforcement officer it drives me bonkers when things are written poorly. The statement contradicts it's self with in three sentences. Again I just had to say something. I still don't understand why it could not be used in deeper water.... maybe it can not do what it can in the range it currently has.

It established it's operational design parameters, so it is not really a discrepancy. May read poorly to some, but it's plain enough.

This FL22HD series is designed from start to finish to operate at maximum effectiveness and efficiency in the range from 60' to 0'. It is a shallow water HD model by intent as well as by design.

A deep water model may appear eventually, if performance tests indicates it is beneficial.

The deep water fisherman tend to like the FL18 or the FL20, the FL22HD was designed to achieve best performance possible to date in 60' or less. It's best to do 1 thing extremely well, then several half arss...is the basic theory.

If my wife would let me have two flashers this would deffinettly be the second, but since the first was like pulling teeth, I will stick with what I own!

Besides the new FL 22HD from Vexilar, they also will introduce the Vexilar Fish Scout 1000 7" Color flat screen digital camera underwater system.

The all new Vexilar Fish Scout 1000 7" Color underwater camera system is a big leap forwards in a field underwater camera. 9 hours of use time, that has never been achievable on a single charge in the past. The Fish Scout 1000 pack is convenient and has a lot of similarity's to the FL series Ultra Pack, similar charging system, and a like D-130 digital power monitor, very smart carrying case system. I'm sure this will also offer some interesting interface options with modern sonars and inboard marine networks on the boat or in the permi as well.

The new Tri Beam ducer system will be offered separately as well, for those whom wish to upgrade, and should retail at about $100.

You will also see some new price points and package configuration options at your local retailers for all levels of Vexilar users. Some new value added packages. wink