• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar FL-22 HD - Consumer Reviews

OnIce

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for the LCD screen versions to drop in price (since the screens themselves have dramatically), I guess we'll see where its priced at!!

There is a huge difference in view-ability in the new generation LCD's over past LCD models too. New user features will be a big part of the package too.

The FS1000 is just the tip of the iceberg of kewl new things to come.

smile

9 hours not acheivable????? Guess I have an odd one then my camera runs all day sun up till sun down.... Wait till you guys see Marcums new camera it's sweet, can switch between color/B&W, HD quality screen and the best optics on the market. Depth, water temp and camera direction, cant wait to add one to my toy box....

The way it uses the whole LCD is clever and the tri beam transducer is nice.

I guess I will have to check it out side to side with a hummingbird though. The center LCD and auto depth still seem so sweet. I realize the vex definitely has better target separation but i think target separation is over rated. The price still has me reeling (hah hah) too.

At what depth does the 12 degree ducer become usefull? I have never encountered a depth under 50 ft where dual beam wasnt all that was needed..Im anxious to get my hands on one to try out. The 10 ft scale looks to me like my least favorite feature. Ed, havethey done anything to improve the crispness of the display or will the lines still be fuzzy? Im guessing with the claimed seperation it will be crisp? Bring on the ICE!!!

The 12 deg has been the stranded cone angle on nearly all the non duel beam FL series units produced for the past 5 years, it is the mid range cone angle most commonly used.

With the new tri beam you gain more sonar circumference range flexibility at any depth of the scale. The FL22HD will make fine tuning very precise, in all cone angles, in all depths 0' - 60'.

The new display is very highly defined, yet you still will be able to glean info from transitional readings as you have in the past...as in seeing fish slipping in on the peripheral of the cone.

The FL22HD's new capability's puts the power to refine the sonar in the hands of the operator, making the target ID and separation 1/8 capable, or even less.

You should see some new videos and Vexilar Pro Staff Tips on U-Tube and the Vex home site very soon, on all the new lines.

You can also sign up for updates if you wish, and get the newest news and tips by e-mail.

Ed, tell me if I'm wrong, but the FL-22 on a Pro Pack II is going to retail for $549.95.............

Yes, hat is correct. Looks like I transposed the numbers in my original post. The propack FL22 will retail for $540 and not $450 as I originally stated. Not what I meant to say, so sorry for the confusion. Thanks!

-Munchy

Well...I can't tell ya your wrong...and I can't tell ya your right...just yet. Hows that? crazy

There will be more package options his season, on several Vexilar FL packages. And different retailers may see different packages configurations offered, so that will be reflected in the price. I consider that good news, as more options can mean more affordability for the consumer at more levels.

If I could confirm that price, I would. That's the best I can do, for now.

The most common Vexilar FL-22HD package configurations will be priced as such.

(There may also be other package configurations and price points at specific retail locations.)

picasabackground.jpg

The FL-22HD Pro-Pack with Tri-Beam $549.95.

The FL-22HD Ultra-Pack with Tri-Beam $589.95.

The FL-1000 Fish Scout package (MSRP Price) $499.95

VexilarFishScout1000-600x458.jpg

Ya..ya..ya...same argument different day...separation is separation..Id is Id...I get it. Like the song says..."I say Tomato...you say Tomatoe....so let's call the whole think off"

2 line segment is PD tight none the less...I personally seen it at 1 segment separation on the FL22HD, so tight is tight. Respectfully...I'm not in the mood to once again argue what has been well argued many...many...many times before to no avail or resolve ...it's pointless.."Ok'.

FYI: I accidentally omitted above in a previous post another option available, the FL-22HD (head unit only) is available now for $329.95.

What more is there to separate then your lure fish and the bottom? I guess I don't understand how their can be a difference in "ID" separation to "Target" separation????