• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEW YORK

Sure, were from all over!
NY, Mich, Minn, NH, Wis.

I live in NY, but love to fish everywhere!
Was at LOW last year, and will be there again this year.

If you want to catch 13" perch (Erie, Seneca Lake, Oneida), go where 8 to 12 pound Walleyes are common (Erie), or throw back 15 or 20 Brown Trout, and steelies like this a day from the Niagara River;

Barfish4.jpg

Jump in your car, and make a trip to NY....It's fun to fish EVERYWHERE !!

I think its really good to know about other places.You never know when you might end up there.I no longer fish the Pacific ocean as I have done since a small child. I now for the past 11 years fish and enjoy the lakes and rivers of MN. In 1998 the company I worked for here flew me to up state New york on a job for six months. Niagra falls area, the fishing was great. I started in holiday in right on Niagra river,there was a marina right inthe parking lot, early spring, had every thing you could want swimming in it, with size.spent the next 5 months in a holiday inn right at the top of Niagra falls great fishing an top and below. fished it from lake erie to lake Ontario, super Jumbo perch,giant trout,small mouth, large mouth bass, Muskie. N. Pike, and Carp so big you didnt want them to get nere your hook. also fished lakes and res. with very good success. only thing was the water above and below the falls was moving soo fast it was scary standing there fishing. one slip and thats your last trip. hey scott its as good as the minni missi meeting, and you never know may get married some day and spend your honey moon in Niagra falls. If you do make sure you have your rod with you.LOL. Ca. MN. NY.

This is the internet - trying to keep something that's open in nature to be regional in practice is about as silly as trying to keep one acre of Lake Superior as a private stock pond - without a net. Saddam Hussein LOOOOVES to fish - maybe he'll turn up in the "Open Water Forum" someday, looking for advice.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

The current is scarry at times in the Niagara, but that's what keeps the water open 12 months a year. Allot of guys come up from Pa. and Ohio, because the fishing is even better in the winter.
Here's a Laker I got last week at the Niagara Bar where the Niagara enters Lake Ontario. So bring your rod, even if you get married in Febuary!!

17190429.jpg