• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Interesting Topic....

Lady, I sure could have used those elec socks!...down right chilly last night! The boys had a great new experience and it brought back some good memories for me as well. No sign of the creature either.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Wow! These posts are sure interesting reading! Makes you think a little bit. My ideal hunt would consist of a morning of duck and goose hunting with my dad and son, and to op it off, we'd make room for Curt Gowdy, Phil Harris, and Ted Williams. Grab some grub at noon, and then kick up some upland 'til the sun goes down.

Fishing with Jesus would be great, if he'd promise to stay in the boat. Growing up during the time I did, I guess it would be nostalgic to go with my dad, son, and Virgil Ward. Other than Virgil, I'd have to say that Berkley Bedell from Spirit Lake, Iowa would be my next choice.

Peace to all,

PC

PC Rider -
Welcome!! Yeah - posting is a kick, and the info received can be very useful. When ya'll say "dad", I get a little hitched up. Mine passed when I was 7, but his best friend took me on my first fishing outing a year later. I caught three big suckers on used bubble gum. Yeah, I'd like to fish with my dad. I found an old salt-water reel in his stuff - so I bet he fished some.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Robert...

It is not hard to feel like that, I can say the same for my grandfather...we fished some when I was real little, and it is easy to miss. Now, I just get on the boat, think about him, talk to him, and, in spirit, fish with him.

Noticed you're from Big! I was there this past July with my 15yr old son, and we had a blast! It was our first ever real fishing trip together. We stayed at Dreamers, as we have a tie to the owners through friends in Nebraska. The facilities were nice and comfortable, the fishing was great, and it was fun watching my son catch a little of everything, including eyes and a Muskie! I also got to learn that he is a little more grown up than I had realized. All good!

How's the weather? How long 'til hard water? I was trying to get up to Ottertail next week, but it looks like that plan might fade. I was really wanting to bust out the gear one more time before focusing on being in the blind as opposed to the office...HA!

Peace,

PC

PC Rider -
Not the cool Big Lake - the little Big Lake in Sherburne county. No muskie, but the LMBass get up to 3 or 4 lbs, the Northerns are about 4-5, and there's lots of small sunnies for the kids. I hear tell the Crappie action is good through the ice.
It's not a resort lake, it's a small...neighborhood (?) lake, if ya know what I mean. I think the ice-forum folks are pooling on 1st ice over there in the ice-forum.

Peace-

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC