• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Interesting Topic....

FISHING: Edgar Rice Burroughs - if the action was slow, he'd be fun to listen to.

CAMPING: Thomas Edison - it would be cool to see what gear he'd choose in this modern world.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Jesus is a good person to fish with...I do it all the time. I seem to be swearing less and less when I loose a brand new Rapala.

I think right now it would be fun to hook up with Al Linder or Jim Moyer. I guess if that dosn't happen...Fishhead will do!

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Jim Moyer is a hoot Dark30, you would have a blast fishing with Big Jim. Great guy and he knows his cats!

In the posthumous category I think Marilyn Manroe would be a good pick. Maybe Cleopatra, she had a really cool river boat I hear.

wink.gif

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]

All great answers, especially fishing with Jesus. That's a no brainer!

I would have to say ice fishing with Jerry Garcia on LOTW. So when the bite is slow we can just sit in the heated shack and listen to some fine jammin'!!!

Jim W

Oh ya almost forgot, I'd like to go and hunt Alaskan Brown Bears with Saddam Hussien and Osama, if a bear did'nt get them??? Who knows!

[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 10-22-2002).]

My Grandpa, I never met him but I hear he was a good fisherman. I've seen pictures with him holding pike that are probably 25 pounds. I also enjoy fishing with my dad.

Good Fishin, Matt.

Hunting ....Fred Bear
Fishing.....Hemingway
Camping.....Marilyn Monroe

Think of the stories they could tell....and even if Marilyn wasn't bright enough to remember half of them ......SO WHAT ! grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Twitter (edited 10-23-2002).]

I know I'll probably get major sh-t for this one, but for hunting, the first thing that pops into my mind is "that D.C. sniper has a pretty good aim..." (sorry - just kidding; I don't hunt anyway).
But fishing, I love fishing... I'd take Sean Connery. I think he'd be great to hang out with, not to mention, listen to & look at!

Considering that you would have to spend a considerable amt of time considering things.....What if the fish weren't biting and time allowed the topic to wander a bit.

This topic does bring up some really interesting thoughts....I could list alot of people who I would love to talk with if given the chance. Sure I would love to fish with Jesus in the flesh....That would be really heavy....Talk about stage fright! I remember having a dream once when I was a kid. I was sittin in an old wooden boat fishing and drinking Budwieser with Alice Cooper....Ya I know! What if you got stuck fishing with someone you don't think you like.....Maybe your feelings would change...You never know. What about fishing with someone not famous like the little girl in another country who is starving.... or the guy who died in the belly turret of a B-17 in WWII.... or the old guy sittin on the bank fishing with a bobber and some crawlers....That list could go on and on.

A few people said "Dad" or "Grandpa" or maybe an old friend here or not. I think if you haven't fished with someone you love....Hurry up! Its ok if you your on some serious fish with some serious people ....but Its ok if their not biting and you have a little time on your hands too.

Now that alot of people think I'm goofy....I don't mind fishing with just me and my imaginary friend either..."Whats that Roy??....Of course I have a license to fish with two lines!!" hihi.gif

------------------

I forgot about Camping....Today I get to acompany my son (The New Boy Scout) on his first overnight campout. I wonder if I can still do it without all the comforts of the campground! So lets see....matches,pillow,m&m's,swiss army shovel,map,cell phone.......What?! no fishing rods?!! AARRGGGGG!!

I hear there are a couple of wolves running around down in the park not to mention the Creature himself! (note to self) Check flashlight batteries!

------------------