• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

favorite knot

I just arrived on this site and noticed were crawlerman lost a fish due to a tangled knot which brought to mind this topic.
I use what I call the double improved clinch knot. We know how to tie a clinch knot,right? We know how to tie an improved clinch, right? Now, just double your line and run it through the eyelet and tie an improved clinch knot. When snugged and trimmed properly it will look like some kind of hitch. Been using it as long as I can remember and I've NEVER broken it off on a fish.

When I am fishing with the new braid lines I tie a combination of the two knots... I double the line and pas it threw the eye, Then twist like in the improved clinch knot.. then pas the tag loop threw the lead eye, like in the improved clinch, then pas the loop over the bait in the palomar... Never had this knot break either.!

My favorite knot is "not me", as in "who's gonna mow the lawn Saturday?"
"not me - goin' fishin'"

I like the 'Trilene' knot, or simple clinch when it's too dark or the line's too light to see the back-loop. Haven't broke one of those, either.

Ever since the Mighty LeVerne Oveson taught me how to tie a snell - that's my favorite knot.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

I typically use two different knots. I use the snell knot for plain hooks, and the improved clinch knot for any type of lures. I have never had a knot let loose on a fish. I do check my line and leader for wind knots, as I have lost fish to those dang things.