• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

G-lomis repair

Crappieman

You'll need to contact G-Loomis direct. Depending on when you purchased it, the warranty does not include total cost.

I broke a loomis and had to ship it back getting a brand new replacement for about a quarter the retail.

Jim W

Before Loomis was bought out a few years ago they had incredible service for situations like this... but no more. Sounds like they'll treat you alright ($50 isn't bad), but nothing like they did a number of years ago. They don't have the customer service mentality they did before they were bought out.
Such is life I guess,
Scoot

The unquestionable way that they stand behind their product warranty was what made me choose St Croix when I was finally ready for a premium rod. I know guys who broke them when they weren't fishing (slammed in the truck door, stepped on the rod in the boat floor, etc.). They told the truth to Croix and the response was "send it in and let us be the judge". In every instance that I know of a new rod was issued for free or for $35.

My dad once found a broken Craftsman socket in a junkyard. He took it to Sears and told them the truth of where he found it. The man at the tool counter took it and insisted on issuing dad a new one for free because his inventory had to show that he gave out a new one when he received a broken one. When dad said he didn't feel right about it since he didn't even purchase the broken one in the first place the reply was "We don't want a broken Craftsman tool in your shop for all the neighbors to see".

Seems to me Croix has the same attitude about their rods. cool.gif

One proviso, I almost bought a "Premier" model until I was told that it only has a two year warranty. So I went with an "Avid" because Avids and models above the Avid have a LIFETIME warranty.

Gapen's has a lifetime warranty against breakage. They were absolutely first class about replacing it after my buddy's dog stepped on it - I've never seen a dog get so excited about seeing a fish on. Great rods, great warranty, great service.
Never thought I'd break the rod, but when you get a good rod, the warranty is something to consider.
gte

One of my St Croix Legend elites got broken in the boat, without even being used. I called St Croix and told them the truth about it and they told me to send it in with $10 for shipping the new one out!!! They did all of this before I even had the chance to tell them I was on their Pro-Staff!! This is the way they treat everyone, great rod!! great company!!!

I've gone through a few Loomis rods in the past few years. MOst recently in July. I just return them to Scheels Sports in St. Cloud, MN, pay the 8$ shipping and a month later they call me with a new rod. Can get one express from the company for around 30$.

Cabela's is pretty generous too. I stepped on a new 9' ultralight (about a $45 rod)in the boat and broke 6" off of the tip. I called and told them how I broke it. They asked, "Is the break shattered or a clean break?" I told them it shattered. The response was "that means defective graphite -send it back and we will send a new one". There was no charge, not even for their shipping cost.

I can also testify as to Cabelas service on broken rods. I had three this spring that I took in because I was told at a show that they sold replacement tips for them. When I got there I was informed that in fact they do not sell new tip sections. I was told to bring them to the customer service counter. I informed the woman that they were broken by client, friend, and myself. She said to go and pick out the same three rods, when I came back to the counter she gave me a receipt for the three new ones and $20.00 cash back because one was now on sale. I was truly amazed!!! 2 of the rods were 3 years old and I did'nt even have a reciept for any of them. Needless to say Cabelas will be getting the bulk of my rod business for as long as they sell them. Just a note to anyone who is looking for a very good rod at a great price, check out their Pro Guide models ($44.95) and their Tourney Trail models ($59.95). They will fish as well as just about any $100.00 plus rod. Plus they have the fish it for 60 days free guarantee so if you don't like it just bring it back for a full refund no questions asked. And that fellers is the best **** deal going.

I'm al little surprised that one other liftime rod hasn't been mentioned in this debate. I have owned Loomis, and St. Croix. I have to admit I liked the St.Croix better than the loomis, which is hard to say because I spent more on the Loomis, and the warrenty work at St.Croix is very good also, but you tend to need to use it more.. I used to work at a tackle shop and you saw a lot more broken Croix rods than anything... BUT if they stand behind thier product like they do its not that big a problem.

NOW, I started using the Shimano V-Rod 2 years ago and got 5 more this last spring. Lifetime warrenty also.. Best rod I have ever used in my opinion!

Just thougthh I would thorw this opinion in the mix!