• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mounts

Lip RIPPER!

All I can say about mounting a fish is MAKE SURE YOUR TAXIDERMIST DOES A QUALITY JOB! DON'T GO CHEAP BECAUSE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! I will never have a cheap mount done again. If the fish is worth mounting, then you owe it to the fish to have it done with quality! I know from where I speak.

Good advice, don't look just at the price. Most taxidermists have a show room where you can look at their work. A taxidermist is an artist and must have some talent, if you don't like what you see move on.

I had a smallmouth done at Hawkin's when I was up fishing on LOW(Canadian Taxidermy), turned out very good. Shipping from Canada to the Twin Cities wasn't that bad neither. I've also had a replica of a different smallmouth that I caught done at FiberTech (Brainerd, MN) and it turned out awesome. The replica was almost as cheap as the actual mount but a lot better quality and I got to release the fish to fight another day.

Good Fishin, Matt.