• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its kinda chilling when!!!

ricbak

Its kinda chilling when the Ice Leader Forums move back up to the top of the main page, geeze i just mowed the grass and picked some tomato's.(lol) But this is Minnesota and old man winter will soon be knockin at the door before we know it, Oh well the best fishing is still ahead of us so lets take advantage of the rest of the open water season. But i guess its also the start of another season for the outdoor people of minnesota. ricbak

[This message has been edited by ricbak (edited 10-01-2002).]

Brrrrr! So thats where everyone went! It seems like a sickness that takes over many a MN fisher that frequents the internet around the same month as halloween, scary!. wink.gif The ice forums are usually the most popular. Oh well. We still have 2 months of great open water fishin' to go. I'm going to leech lake this weekend to enjoy some walleye and musky fishin' and the great fall colors

There are quite a few of us who fish open water all year. Pools 2 and 4 are very good in the winter. A nice 20 degree day with the sun shining is quite comfortable for being in a boat.
Dino

Man I live in Missouri, and I wouldn't dream of goin out on a lake fishin in 20 degree weather! I don't care to hit the lake if it's in the 30's. I guess you upnorth people are used to the cold! BUT I AIN"T! Have a good time when it gets that cold, but be careful!

I was just telling the folks in the metro forums the same thing: If you don't want to put your boat away for the winter come on down and fish pool 4. Shoot the fishing doesn't even get good until Nov. I think the fall bite is better than the spring. There is less fishermen out because of the hunting season.

Jimmy

Phyl: I hope I qualify as one being tuff , not the other. The bite on Pool 2 has been good right now and will continue through the winter. As previously stated , there is not a lot of traffic and competition for the good spots when it is cold.
Dino

Ya, you can tell the serious ice fishing guys are getting pumped! I think ice fishing is "ok" but would much rather fish open water(without freezing my ars)....Here I am in Minnesota so I'll make the best of it. Maybe I can make it to one of the FM ice deals just for fun!

I hope we have better ice this year! I had the house out on Cedar for two whole weeks last year and it was still scary!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

I was in Baudette in Sept, we had a really good time and the owners of the place where we stayed were trying like everything to get us to come up and go ice fishing. That is one thing I would really like to try! I work with a fellow from MN and he says ice fishing is great. He says you bundle up for the trip out to the ice house, and when you get inside it can be warm enough for shorts! Maybe someday I'll make it up there for fishing the hard water. Till then you all be CAREFULL and GOOD FISHIN!

Yup. We layer up, and our kids look like starfish dolls, but we're out there. When I moved here from CO I called MN the Vietnamese Tundra. When God was making the world, some smart alek came up to it, tapped it on the shoulder and said "oh sure, you can make a jungle, and you can make a tundra, but can you put 'em both together?" "Hmm. Sure I can..."
Voila - Minnesota

It's kind of Chilling when --- You're out ice fishing and crack open a cool one and find out it's too cool and nothing pours out!!! Or better yet, when you take a sip and your lips start sticking to the can!!

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

I can honestly say I ain't never been outside drinkin a cold one and have my lips stick to the can! I don't think I want to try it either! Hope all you guys UPNORTH have a good season on the ice. From what I'm seeing on the T.V. you won't have long to wait for the hard water. Good Luck and be careful!