• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
theghost_03

Moose 2010

I have never applied for the moose hunt before and was curious what information there is out there as far as where you can hunt, if guides exist, etc. I am considering putting an app in and if you guys have any info or other means of information I would appreciate it!

I was drawn and hunted the 2008 season. The areas are up in the northeast arrow head portion of the state, in minnesota you can't have a guide or any help outside your party to take a moose during season they can be in camp with you and help to scout and get the moose out but not in the taking of the animal. You should be able to find info on the dnr HSOforum under moose hunting.

I would apply. I was drawn in '07, but I had been applying for about 6-7 years or so. The other hunter I was staying with on the opening weekend had been applying since the late 80's and finally was drawn. You might get picked the first year, but the odds are slim. Good luck!