• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tips for civilians from the military

Dear Civilians, We know that the current state of affairs in our great
nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For
those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of
the areas we would like your assistance with:

1) The next time you see an adult talking during the playing of the National
anthem... kick their one-just-like-silly-me.

2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in
protest...kick their one-just-like-silly-me.

3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest
amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise,
quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very
freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices
these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while the
Veteran kicks their one-just-like-silly-me.

4) If you are not in the military, DO NOT pretend that you are. Wearing
battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be "Special
Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia might have been okay if you were
still seven, but now it will only get your one-just-like-silly-me kicked. (Veterans are exempt
from this rule)

5) If you witness someone calling an enlisted Sailor/Marine "Sir," stand
back... a Sailor/Marine will kick their one-just-like-silly-me.

6) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them "Do you
fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance
deserves an one-just-like-silly-me kickin' (children are exempt).

7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper...it was
a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your one-just-like-silly-me will be
kicked.

8) Next time Old Glory prances by during a parade, get on your **** feet and
pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart and quietly thank the
military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course,
failure to do either of those will earn you a severe one-just-like-silly-me kicking.

9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The
proper word to describe her is "traitor." Hate her or else punkers will be
kicked.

10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We
are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation.
Our Chain of Command, to include our Commander in Chief...the
President...(for those who didn't know) is all that we acknowledge. We have
no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where
all those "representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian
representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go
straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I
can see him kicking your one-just-like-silly-me already.)

11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me...stop saying it!
If she did, she would most likely kick your one-just-like-silly-me!

12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's go
kill those Commies!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are
not standard issue in the military. That reminds me...if you see anyone
calling those **** psychic phone numbers go kick their one-just-like-silly-me.

13) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military,
support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas that
you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally,
thousands of troops overseas wishing they could be with their families.
Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without
them, our country would get its one-just-like-silly-me kicked.

"Before I lay me down to sleep,
And fall into a slumber deep,
Hear this little prayer of mine,
Hope it gets to you in time,
Bless those on land and sea and air,
Who fight for freedom here and there,
Send special blessings from above,
Protect them with your shield of love,
Return them safely, we humbly pray,
To the Land of the Free,
And the Home of the Brave"
~Author unknown~

If you see someone that doesn't take off their hat during the playing of the national anthem- kick their one-just-like-silly-me!
Again on the Jane Fonda issue- If someone says that they like Jane Fonda- kick their one-just-like-silly-me!
I see so many people that do those things it makes me sick.

As a vet (formerly CPT, US Army, Infantry) I can foresee alot of people who's trunks are going to get shorter and legs getting longer in the near future. Gang, don't be embarrassed to tell the too cool teenies at the high school football game tonight to take the hats off and be quiet during the national anthem. And don't be too shy to SING ALONG! No matter how bad your voice is, the song sounds great LOUD (with the one exception of R. Barr, a poster child for birth control). You want to do your part against America's enemies? BE PROUD AND SHOW IT!!!!

Issue # 2:

If you don't like this country, GO AWAY, no sense burning flag, nobody forces you to stay !!!!!

I came from another country and if I didn't like this one, I certainly didn't think to burn flags, I would just leave.

You stay....you respect what's given to you.

Amen.

I would like each person who reads this Forum to consider this. I realize that anything said on the negitive side of 9-11-2001 is darn near treason, but, do you realize that there are people who will receive at minimum $250,000.00 to as much as 4.7 Mil. because their loved one was killed during the terrorist attacks. Now, consider this, if your loved one is killed fighting for this country you will receive $6000.00 of which 1/2 is taxable, $1750.00 burial and a folded American Flag.( The money from the Government is a little more but I am unsure how much.) This is what the Government says your loved one is worth. I have seen a tremendous amount of destruction, both human and physical in my 5+ decades on this earth, but it is beyond my comprehension, why people complain that 4.7 million dollars is not enough compensation. I have never been able to put a monetary figure on a human life. I do not think anyone really can. These people are complaining that the American people did not contribute enough dollars to satisfy their GREED!!! To all those who currently serve, and to all who have served their country, THANK YOU!!!!

First let me thank everyone who has served this country in any and every way.
OK, now to get everybody [PoorWordUsage]ed.
This country was founded on the basis of freedom, freedom of speech, assembly and evan thought. It sounds kinda dictatorial to "kick someone's one-just-like-silly-me" just because they are doing something you don't like. The early Nazi's used to "kick one-just-like-silly-me" when someone wouldn't salute their flag. Now I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE ON THIS BOARD A NAZI, I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE ON THIS BOARD A NAZI. I only used that as an example to show how force has been used in the past to force a political idea on people.
We have the right in this country to disagree, to make fun of others and to criticize the government. It's the whacked out Muslim Arabs who "kick one-just-like-silly-me" when you don't do what they like.
If you don't like it, work to change it.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

[This message has been edited by cwmn (edited 09-16-2002).]

Just so some of you know, I didnt post this as something serious, and the way we should all treat others. It was written as a joke, and should be taken as such with a few minor exceptions.
I will say in all seriousness, If you fail to stand during the national anthem in my presence it better be because your in a wheel chair. You had also best remove your hat while the national anthem is playing too!

Do you remove your hat at a funeral? Its to show respect for the many who have fought and died defending your right to see that flag fly. Unless your in the military and in uniform and able to render a salute, the proper thing to do is to remove it.

Oh man, I can't believe I'm about to do this.

First, let me say that I love this country deeply. I have never lived anywhere else, and do not want to live anywhere else.

But one of the reasons I love this place is because it's a place founded on the principle that people are free to express themselves. The Constitution says so. And if that freedom is to mean anything beyond just the words, it must include the freedeom to criticize the very country we love.

I show respect for you veterans who have fought and will continue to fight, and die, to protect me and the freedoms I cherish. Without your staunch courage, I believe America would have been eaten up by foreign powers long ago. You have my respect and admiration, and I do not give those things easily.

I will never burn the American flag. It would be like burning my children. Nor will I allow it to touch the ground, nor fly it at night unless it's lighted, nor will I disrespect it in any way.

But I will never question the right of anyone in America to criticize America. If I saw someone buring the American flag, I would find it repulsive, but I would not interfere.

But if I saw someone beating up the flag-burner for burning it, I would KICK THE ATTACKER'S one-just-like-silly-me, because it's the attacker who is the true threat to America.

America is far too strong to worry about someone burning its symbol in protest. You who take up arms in defense of the country should know that.

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 09-17-2002).]

stfcatfish

I think you are a little off the mark, you said that America is about being free. If someone burns the symbol of that freedom then they are in a sense renouncing what it stands for. If they renounce what it stands for then they SHOULD NOT be protected by it!!!! Many of us have taken up arms to protect that flag and everything it stands for, and if someone burns it then they are telling me they don't care about what it stands for. That being the case then let's join in and "kick their ***"

The lastest group of al-queda to be picked up are all US citizens, should we allow them to fly planes into a building because they are Americans????? Be very careful to not take the "Land of the Free" ideal too far!!!

We have gone to war to protect democracy, the terrorists have brought it home to our shores. We must now DEFEND our FREEDOM here rather than abroad!!!

I will step down off the soap box now!!

This is a really interesting topic for a fishing board.
No, you don't let people destroy private/public property and kill innocents in the name of freedom, a statement like that is absurd. But you do protect the freedom of the people to assemble freely and express themselves freely and if that expression includes burning a flag then that is their right.
Don't let the cause of the flag blind your judgment on our freedoms and democracy, it is the true American who accepts the different ideas that actually shaped this country into what it is today, the greatest country in the world.
Like that Latin phrase says, "from many, one"
Now lets get back to fishing talk and leave the politics for another board.
I got into some great Bass yesterday out on Demonterville.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

The first one came on a pink and white worm Texas rigged and it bit in 14 feet of water, fish wieghed 3 1/2 pounds. The other two came on a white deep crank bait in 11 feet of water they were both about 2 pounds each and hit one after the other. I dropped a marked and worked the area for another half hour but didn't get another bite.
What's a Bass? Only the worlds greatest fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

[This message has been edited by cwmn (edited 09-18-2002).]