• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Songs

Dan97

Howdy All...

A while back I heard of a group of folks from Wisconsin(?) that had recorded a CD of popular songs with their own fishing lyrics added. "Little Walleye" was one of them. I think that was a take-off of a Dixie Chicks tune.

This may not be the group I'm thinking of but turn on your speakers and give this a listen... (183kb, takes about a minute to load)

http://ftp.blackhole.com/users/bowhunter/littlewalleye.ram

So does anyone know of who I'm talking about, a place or site where I could get the CD, or any other CD's like I have described?

Thanks......Dan

------------------
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Dan97 (edited 09-04-2002).]

Hey music lovers!
Check out Fyder and Everhart "Goin' up North". My brother-in-law discovered their CD in a gift shop in Cook 3 years ago. It really hits the spot when you're longing for songs that talk about the things you like best about the northwoods. They also have a HSOforum http://www.fyderandeverhart.com/. I think you'll enjoy it.
...to the tune of "Rawhide"
"Trollin, trollin, trollin. Lakes and streams are swollen. Fingers nearly frozen. Walleye!
Through wind and stormy weather, we're in this boat together, six-packs lures and leeches by our side.
I've been drownin' shinners, searchin' with depth finders, tryin' to get a big one on the line.
Cast em' out, reel em' up. Reel em' up, cast em' out. Cast em out, reel em' up, Walleye!...(you get the idea)

Stephen Dawg

There is another version of the Rawhide theme song made by the Hula Poppers. It is called "Walleye" The only place I have seen it is in the Kettle Falls Hotel Bar on Rainy lake. Fishmeister from The Rainy Lake forum might have an idea where to get it at. I also would like to know where these songs could be found. They would be a fun conversation pieces for the boat.

[This message has been edited by Walleye Pimp (edited 09-04-2002).]

tjwierz2...

My bad. SheDaisy, Dixie Chicks.... You're right, they do sound alike. Alright!!! Simmer down you country music fans. It's been a while for me, so have a heart will ya.

Yeah, after listening to a few Shad-Rapp clips and the Littiewalleye song, they sound a bit "different" to be from the same folks. I'm going to order all the cd's from Shad-Rapp. Just to have them, ya know. They'd be some great tunes at FM gatherings, eh?

Dan

------------------
[email protected]

I have a copy of the "Walleye" song on a 45rpm record. Remember those? I also have it on my hard drive. I downloaded it when Naspster was still around. If any body wants to download a copy you can go to my web-site and download it from there. I have a spot where you can click and listen to it. You should be able to right click the link to the song and then save it to your computer.

I would like to find a copy of the "Electric Fisherman" if any body has a copy please e-mail me.

------------------
Tom Miller
Tournament Director
Minnesota Walleye Trail
www.polebender.com

KFGO in Fargo is always playing these songs. I think I heard that Dave Lee (?) that use to be on the station and is now in the cities is one of the singers. But don't quote me. But I am sure if you called KFGO or tried their HSOforum you could find out. Or you could try http://www.123fargo.com for Froggy they might know.

------------------
Phyl

Another group that has a lot of hunting and fishing songs is da yoopers: 40 lb crappie, 30 point buck, 2nd Week of Deer Camp, Fishing wit Fred, Fish fight song, ect.

I also have a copy of the Hula-Poppers 'Walleye'. I noticed the rhythm guitar and background vocals were credited to Larry Hayes. Isn't Hayes Tackle Plus on Lake St., Mpls. owned by a Larry? The record was released by Shadow Records on West Lake Street, Mpls. in 1986.

Have to enter my plug for Fyder and Everhart's "going up north"...Ted and Glen played at Arrowwood in Alexandria every wednesday...never missed 'em a few summers ago...Glen still plays it. It's a great album..."opening weekend" is a great tune too. "i could grow old in ely" is a crowd favorite too.

and let's not forget Andy Griffith and "The fishing hole"....the theme song does have words!...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598