• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why I go to the lake.....

Crawlerman

Here goes:

-Stress reliever after a bad day at work or other complications
-Scenic sunsets (why I like evening fishing better than AM)
-Beats playing PC fishin games
-just to get away from the reality, mass production, crowds (well.. except on opener...) and time hustle of everyday life.

I've got a very good reason for going "to the lake." I live on the shore of one.

"If you are lucky enough to live by the water, you're lucky enough."

All of us have different reasons for wanting to get out on the lake, what are some of yours?

I'll start it off...

• Enjoying tranquility sunsets while listening to a loon sing its song
• Watching the world come alive again as the sun starts to break through the treetops
• Watching friends and family’s eyes light up as they watch their bobber disappear under the waters surface, anxious to see whats on the other end of that line
• CAMPFIRES and the good times that go with them
• Feeling the wind blow through your hair as you race to that next “honey hole”
• And last but not least… Hearing “You better get the net for this one!”

Why do I fish???
To remember what is important in life.
To remember the sound of "peace and quiet"
To keep sane
To build memories with my Dad
To see the world as it should be
AUGH WAY TOOOO DEEP
I fish because I NEED to fish
Subject is a little rough as we just got back from Vermilion..(sigh) and am attempting to get back into reality in Dallas. We ARE planning the great TX escape....Only a matter of time till we will be back to stay smile.gif

JIll

(#1) I'M PROBABLY ON VACATION!!!
-There's no current so I don't need a 100lb anchor (if I need one at all)
-Loons (nothing else sounds like em)
-Waves lapping at my boat and making me walk funny for the next day
-Beer ALWAYS tastes good on a lake! (makes me walk funny too)
-The best stargazing I've ever found
-You're usually with your best pals

Great thread... here's my 2 cents worth...

To decompress after a week of work.
To see the look on my son's face when he outfishes me (again).
Loons (I like that one too).
To know that long after I'm gone my kids will remember the time spent on the lake with dad.

jacheesehead

Ya gotta luv da loons!!

The gentle hum of the Mercury, building
up rpms and slowly coming up on plane!!

The pre-sunrise and sunset lighting effects
always humble and invigorate one's soul!!

Fresh air breaking through the fogginess
of a late campfire counsel!!

Of fog, heavy ground fog out on the water
so it seems you are floating on clouds
(also,partially caused by late campfires)!!

The zzziiinnngggg of one's drag being broke
followed by a call for the net!!

Having vacationed in MN when I was an little kid back in the 60's I have such vivid memories of the 2 weeks we spent each year camping primitive at Big Winnie. 6 years ago my wife and 2 children went to Spooner for our family vacation ( I was so excited) and the first trip I took out on the water made me cry like a baby. These memories are so special. We now come to Vermilion (3 years running and reserved for the fourth) and you know something, I still don't understand why spending time casting all day with your family is so special. I just know that it is and that's all that matters. Same is true when we fish here in Indiana.It sure beats the heck out of running around chasing soccer and baseball games like most of the parents my age do. My kids love to fish and that is a blessing beyond words!

Stephen Dawg

No cellphones. I'm fortunate, my neighbors don't wear them on their belt and talk on them all the time...God I hate that !
Loons. Sittin around the fire. Puttsing around (actually working, but it just doesn't seem like work up there!)

1. No worries, They only worrin that I have is to gatch dinner.
2. It's just plain fun.
3. Even if you do't catch anything it was still better than spending time at home doing hose chores.
4. To get away from the woman that don't let me fish more often. (and then wounders why I spent more time on fishingmn.)

I fish for several reasons, some already stated,

1) relaxation
2) "god does not deduct from a mans life the days he spends fishing" I wanna live forever!
3) at 38, hangovers hurt more, so it beats bar hoppin' and I found a great woman so dont need to chase them anymore.
4) I love fresh fish for dinner.

Why I go to the Lake.

Whith the fast paced world we live in today everyone needs an escape. The lake provides a place to just let it all go.
I gues I have been lucky to grow up going to the lake with family. I started going to the lake with my grandfather when I was a young boy. He taught me how to fish, drive the boat, navigate the lake, and appreciate what I had. When I was a teenager I went to the lake with my parents instead of staying home and partying with friends. Now I'm married and we are expecting our first child. I hope I can take my children to the lake and share with them the things my grandfather and father taught me.
I can't guarentee that I can teach them how to catch fish but I know I they will learn the love of the lake and the solitude it provides.
Just my opinion.