• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FIRST time out this season!!!!

Dan97

Howdy All...

I finally made it out on the water today. My intentions were that it was just going to be a quick shakedown cruise to see how the boat worked. Well, that didn't happen. While watching my X85, I heard the calling. I quickly tied on a small twister tail and a few minutes later produced the reason I love to fish. A tug on the end of the line. I could never put to words, the feeling that filled my very soul at that moment. All I can say is that you'll know when "it" happens to you. Trust me, you'll know!!!

Just thought I'd share.

Tugs and tight lines for everyone!!!!!!

Dan

------------------
[email protected]

Howdy Brian!!!

No, I was not able to run the 4hp yet. At least not on my Lund. The engine cowl is at a buddy's place getting painted and stickered to match my 75. And I have yet to mount the new splash guard for the kicker side of the boat. Maybe I'll get it all together by the time the HAWGS are really hitting this fall!!! If not, that's OK. At least I'm back on the water!!!!

Dan

------------------
[email protected]

UG...

I hope my little idea about the ice is working for you. I know what you're going through and you're in my thoughts.

Gretchen...

I guess I'm doing OK. Still seems strange fishing alone. It's real peaceful, just different.

Thanks.....Dan

------------------
[email protected]

Glad to hear you're back on the water, Dan...but I can't help but note a discrepancy or two in your post. You say you only had the intention of taking the boat for a 'shakedown cruise'. Yet, you had your X85 on. Hardly necessary for a 'shakedown cruise'. Evidently, you also had not only at least one fishing rod, but also some tackle along as you were able to "tie on a twister tail...".

'Shakedown cruise', my fanny. You went fishing.

Here's to many more 'shakedown cruises'.

Jarrod32

Hi Jarrod...

In order to confirm "total functionality" of my boat, I had to produce a scenerio that was as true to life as possible. Yes, my boat was loaded to the gills with equipment and tackle. Trolling motors, depth finders, bags, boxes, rods. All the way to downriggers. (Note: On Lake Waconia downriggers bring some funny looks.) I even had some minnows with, to round out the reality of my "cruise". Everything was checked and run up in order to.....

Awwww..... Heck. OK. I admit it. I'm busted. I WENT FISHING!!! AND LOVED IT!!! I guess it's true. I am a fishoholic. And I think it's time for another "fix"!!

Tugs and Tight Lines for All.......Dan

------------------
[email protected]