• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabin rentals on Waubay?

We are looking to rent a cabin for 2 on Waubay this summer, I cant find any resorts or campsites online, anyone have any advice? Also anyone have any input how the Walleye fishing has been lately? I was out there 5 years ago and we caught about 50 Walleyes in 6 hours or so, is fishing still good over there? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Shaun

We used to go out icefishing on Waubay and would stay at the Roost in Grenville. It is on the north end of the lake and nothing too fancy but very reasonable. The owners were also very nice and helpful with finding fish. I don't know if you were looking for something on the lake or not but this place is 1/2-1 mile off of the lake. I think that they have a HSOforum.

I've also had many good trips staying at The Roost in Grenville. Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall-they are always biting some lake or slough, and they usually can point you in the right direction. Good Luck.

Doug in webster owns the sportsmans cove around 25 buck a night right in webster connected to his baitshops /bar/eateries/gastations all within reach., always has a really goood tip for guy if needed.

Buck shot's resort in on Waubay. (605) 486-4787

I have not stayed at this resort, so don't know much about it. Waubay is still a good walleye lake. Limit is back to 4 walleyes this year. There is alot of good lakes in the area.

google sdglaciallakes

I've also had many good trips staying at The Roost in Grenville. Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall-they are always biting some lake or slough, and they usually can point you in the right direction. Good Luck.

Did you ever stay in the big house/cabin when they had the self-serve bar? That was the absolute best part of the place until someone ruined it for everyone.