• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stolen Boat

I don't know if this will help me but I thought I'ld at least give it
a try.

Yesterday (June 10) at about 10am in St.Cloud, Minnesota some one
came into my yard and stole my boat and trailer.

The boat was a project that I had been working on to fix up.

The coloring of the boat is an off white (almost tan) with a brown
stripe. It's a 1965 Glastron, 18 foot runabout, 150hp
inboard/outboard Mercruser. It was last registered in 99 and the
MNDNR numbers that are on the side are "MN2127HD". The plate number on
the trailer is "C 37962".

All I'm asking is that you maybe keep an eye open and call the
police if you see a boat that matches this discription.

Thanks,
Todd
[email protected]

My eyes and ears will be open in the Duluth area. This happened to my brothers and I once. The low life that took our boat paid severely. I hope you find your boat and the person who took it will be served the same brand of justice.

I presume that it has been reported stolen to...St. Cloud Police? Stearns County Sheriff? That would be good to know so that if we see it, we can refer any other law enforcement agencies to the right place...

LokoLobo, talked to some of the guys and we are going to post your info at the landings in our area, and spread the word at some of the gathering spots, hope you get it back.

Sorry about your loss!! This is the work of kids, or someone that you know that you have had a problem with. The boat you described has little or no resale value. Talk to some of the youth in your area and find out what some of the party lakes or rivers are in your area. Take a drive around to some of the smaller lakes in remote areas, someone is using this boat on waters that are not patrolled.

Good Luck, I hope you get your boat back!! It may not have a resale value, but you said it was project. That makes it worth something to YOU!!!

I know you are listed as St Cloud, does that mean St Cloud or the area? I know a lot of people that fish the area, and also live around St CLoud, so If you are from a certain town around there I can have them check the surrounding areas.

Broncosguy

I live in St.Cloud. The boat was in my yard.
As for the idea of Kid's taking it for a joy ride I believe is wrong. I was in the prosess of restoring this boat. The seats were taken out the troatle controle were also out the eletric tilt and trim pump was also out of it.. I beleive the people that took it did so for the value of the parts.
The motor and outdrive are valued over $2000 and the trailer $500 used.

This is strange....
My Boat was stolen on the 10th of June at about 10am (according to the people that live on the other side of the fence)broad day light.
Here's the stange part..
Yesterday, July 1st, between 1:30pm and 5pm my boat shows up parked right where it was stolen from. Nothing was taken out of it and it hadn't been used.

I have my boat back... I called the Police to let them know what happened. They asked if I had any or knew of any suspects. I didn't have any idea of who might have doen this. But if I had they would have come out and finger printed the boat.

The strange part is... If you had stolen a boat or something from someones back yard, even if you felt bad about it after, would you take the chance and bring it back to the place you stole it from?

Don't get me wrong.. I've over joyed to have my boat back...

But the people that stole it, in my mind either weren't all that smart or have a set of huge balls.....

I'm still confused about the whole thing..

Sincerly,
LokoLobo

I didn't want to forget..
I just want to thank everyone for there help!

Who know's maybe it was because of the people here that I got my boat returned to me..

Thankyou,
LokoLobo

P.S. Just an after thought, less then an hour after getting my boat back I went to FleetFarm and bought over $100 worth of lock and chains to help reduce the chances of it happening again...

Sounds to me like maybe someone you know playing what they thought to be a practical joke. Although admittedly a fairly mean one, not too funny the amount of greif it put you through for 3 weeks. Anyhow, whatever the circumstances were, I'm glad to hear that you have it back.

Sounds like either a really bad practical joke or some kids that got busted by mom or dad and told to return the thing before they get caught.

Who knows for sure. Glad to hear you got it back!

loko...i'm glad you got your boat back ...all this brings back a similar situation that happened to me about 1980...i was in the dry (cleaning up after a day of work)...took my watch off and put it on the sink...couple of guys were using the dry at the same time cleaning up also...phone call came in ...i had to leave the room to answer the phone...20 minutes went by..went back to the dry to finish cleaning up...went to grab my watch..GONE!..some guys were still there so i asked them if they'd seen my watch ..."NO didn't see any watch"...told my foreman about the incident...well ...the guys knew i got ripped off...after about 3 weeks...the formen called me in the office ...on behalf of the guys ,i present you this new watch!(they bought me a new watch!)...i was really surprised because even the thief had to pitch in to pay for my new watch(must have surprised him)...well anyway...the next day...at the sink to clean up ....my old watch was sitting there on the sink!...go figure!......sound familiar?...lol...no i didn't have to return the watch they gave me!kind of a win win situation but the thief must have had a change of heart(never did figure out who stole it,but was one of the guys i worked with every day)...shows there's good people and bad ones...classic "good versus evil "thing...thanks jon smile.gif...crappie fishing's been great smile.gif

The same thing just happened to a buddy of mine about two months ago. He had a john boat stolen out of his yard a year and a half ago. It was sitting on a snowmobile trailer in the back yard. They came back from a vacation to find the boat sitting right back on snowmobile trailer where it was originally sitting. Everything was in the boat, including a new trolling motor battery....go figure.........

The Hawian people beleive that if you steal a lava rock from the Volcanos in Hawaii you will be cursed. Thieves have flown all the way back to Hawaii to return the stolen rocks, and lift the curse. This may not be true with boats, but then again ??????