• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fisherman, Fisherwoman, Fisherperson?

Blackstarluver

fishingphyl,

It's good that they don't aggree on the spot. This way, they can practice each other special styles and techniques, and with a little bit of luck, the environment will create just the right amount of wave action. Now that would be fun, getting first hand experience from eachother, all day long, hopefully.

From my personal experiences, I would think there are more cons than pros to fishing with a member of the female gender.

1. Their hair or dress could get caught in the trolling motor.

2. Perfume or body oils, etc. will attract bugs......not fish.

3. The phrase "turn the boat into the wind...I gotta take a leak", doesn't apply.

4. Ladies typically have poor mechanical coordination and I hate untangling line and fixing broken gear.

5. I don't listen to "pop" music or "country" or "dance"........

6. You can tell a man "I don't want to talk.....just wanna fish." A man says that to a woman and she assumes you're dumping her and starts to cry.

7. There's no crying in fishing!!

grin.gifgrin.gif

Can you tell I have had some poor experiences fishing with women. This was a joke if you couldn't tell. It just so happened that the girls I liked to date weren't the "fishing" type. I gotta get out on the water with some of you ladies that know what you're doing. My wife qualifies under the "not the fishing type" statement.

------------------
-------------------------
BASS SEASON IS UPON US.
Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy.

Hey wastewaterguru
I'll bet you just opened up a can of worms with the fishing chicks!
1 - I have short hair and hate dresses! But unlike my husband I wear shorts most of the time so it does not kill me to get my feet wet when he drives into shore too fast.

2 - I don't wear perfume because too many people are allergic to it. But I also hate cigarette smoke. So if you smoke I WILL wear perfume - just ask a friend of ours that smokes and is allergic to perfume.

3 - Okay I will give you this one - this is one thing that God really screwed up the women on. So, we have to go to shore once in awhile. Or you could buy us a boat with a potty on it.

4 - Where did you get this poor mechanical stuff? I am the one that untangles all the line on our boat. Not that I like doing it but I don't have to cuss and swear to get it done - at least not real bad.

5 - Well, I don't usually play music in the boat but country is the way to go. And I love to dance. It is like I tell the teenage boys - learn to dance. Because if you don't your girlfriend will find someone that does.

6 - the not talking is too funny. I am always catching heck because I answer him back too low and he can't hear. The concept of scarring the fish has not entered his mind yet.

7 - Who needs to cry? Unless of course you should lose your favorite Millennium Lure. No there are a lot better ways to get what you want besides crying.

So you see you married a nice lady that doesn't like to get dirty and fish. You probably would not be happy with one of us fishing chicks that smell like dead fish instead of Channel. grin.gif

------------------
Phyl

Wastewaterguru.... you're too funny! Fishnphyl I think you're right on opening the can of worms.

1. I too hate dresses and even though I do have long hair I know for a fact that it will not get caught in the trolling motor. If I am anywhere near it while it is running that would mean that I was in the water as well, and that's not gonna happen.

2. I also cannot stand perfume, I am allergic to it as well as smoke. I do attract the bugs though because of the hairspray, but the hubby doesn't care because then the bugs aren't bothering him.

3. Yes, we women might have to run ashore once and a while. I happen to have a bladder than can withstand an 8 hour tour without having to go. But, I have been known to use a coffee can when we were out on Mille Lacs (WHY?? Because, I guess).

4. No mechanical coordination?? RIGHT!!! rolleyes.gif The hubby makes a birds nest of his reel or wants to change lures, he says to me "Let me see your pole" and hands me his to fix. Sheesh. hehehe...but I shouldn't pick on him too much because he gets sea sick if he looks down any amount of time, plus he doesn't have the patience.

5. We don't usually have a radio on in the boat. Just so nice to get away and enjoy the surroundings. But, on the occasion that we do, it would most definitely be country.

6. The most talking you would usually hear from our boat is when I am yelling out depths. We have the fishfinder mounted towards the back of the boat and we switch spots so he can go up and run the trolling motor. I have him do the trolling motor so I can concetrate more on the fishing, hehehe. Or, you will hear us discussing on what spot we should go to next.

7. Likewise, no crying in this boat. Well, unless you count when he hands me his birds nest to untangle, hehehe.

So, this fishingchick will happily wipe the fish slime on her pants when she can, and I don't think the hubby minds it either.

------------

Hey! Your bobbers gone! shocked.gif

Political correctness=dump

But what PCG said applies here too. If any good looking girl wants to come fishing with me, she is welcome to. Actually I really don't cares is she even tries to fish. she is still welcome grin.gif

Ely lake expert

You guys seem to be the exception and the reason no one should be stereotyped.

Maybe someday I'll get the wife to fish, but for now I actually enjoy the fact that she doesn't smell like fish.

Plus.......she lets me fish without the kids most of the time.

She puts up with a lot of dump...and for that I'm eternally grateful and completely infatuated.

I was hoping to get some comments from that post......you gals cracked me up pretty good there grin.gif

------------------
BASS SEASON IS UPON US.
Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy.

Looks like you met your match with these fishing chicks wastewaterguru grin.gif Sounds like you have a very nice lady there. But take those kids fishing. The best memories I have are of fishing with my dad and my grandma (Nanny). He died 3 days before I graduated from high school. You never know when it will be the last chance you have to spend time with those kids and make memories for them. And buy your wife some of that good smelling perfume! grin.gif

------------------
Phyl

Hey basshunter
It would be kind of fun to go fishing with someone that actually LIKED it and was not doing it just to please his wife! And it would really be fun to go with someone that is really educated in the new tech. stuff. I just got back into it last year after taking many years off. At that time the fancy stuff was a red and white daredevil or a wooden red and white lure. We mostly used worms we dug up and minnows we caught. Funny thing is I think we caught more fish then. grin.gif Now that wave action you are talking about - I am going to have to think about that for awhile. I have been too busy picking on wastewaterguru lately to work on that one. wink.gif

------------------
Phyl