• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

blackflies are out

first real warm weather this weekend certainly brought out the first batch of the blood sucking little demons...always trying to bite you in the eye area or under your hat...well this brings to light something i came across years ago while fishing in canada...up by atikokan area...we were just getting things ready at a resort for a day on the water ...guides were standing at the end of the dock preparing the boats ...but as they were standing there talking ...i noticed something kinda unusual...they had there hands in the air...one guide would put one arm down ...few minutes would go bye...then he'd put that one down ....and put the other hand over his head...not wanting to appear nosey or stupid.....curiousity got the best of me...i finally asked the guides what they had there hands in the air for....there answer"...see these black flies?....you'll notice they always fly around the highest point ...so...duh!....the arms raised in the air!.......sure enough...the blackflies were flying around there upheld arms(hands)...and not that many around there heads....these were native indian guides...guess they certainly knew the little tricks through the years in the outdoors....since then ...i've tried this trick ..it really works!...thanks..jon

Hey Jon,
I have done that trick in the past and it does work. I have three words for ya,
Deoderant, Deoderant, Deoderant grin.gif

------------------
Happy Fishn :D
Mike