• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Enduro/Dual Sport riders out there?

leech~~

I got a 2001 Ke100 Dual sport. Its only got a little 100cc 2-stroke engine but it goes surprisingly good off road and works great in the city.

Redog, what's your top speed on that one? My bro, use to have one and zipped along pretty well. I would take a 100 Dual sport for buzzing around in the city or trail over those cheap scooters that they have out there now.

Have fun with that! wink

Yeah it's a really fun bike and dead simple so there isn't much to go wrong on it which is nice. The normal top speed is about 55MPH but I put a smaller front sprocket on to give it a little more low speed power for the trails so I could just put put along. With the new sprocket it tops around 48MPH. I know some people with those Chinese scooters and they are junk, they are always breaking down, a person would be better off riding a bicycle. The best thing is that you don't have to trailer your bike to the trails that's why I like dual sports.

Yeah it's a really fun bike and dead simple so there isn't much to go wrong on it which is nice. The normal top speed is about 55MPH but I put a smaller front sprocket on to give it a little more low speed power for the trails so I could just put put along. With the new sprocket it tops around 48MPH. I know some people with those Chinese scooters and they are junk, they are always breaking down, a person would be better off riding a bicycle. The best thing is that you don't have to trailer your bike to the trails that's why I like dual sports.

I had one of those little 150 Chinese scooters for about 1 year and the thing just started to fall apart. cry I thought maybe for the cheap price it may last for a few years at least! Nope! Beware! Dumped it and got the XT225 Yama, Dual Sport. It's been a very fun ride! wink

I have always been satisfied with my Yamaha dirtbikes. I would like to get my hands on a TW200, those things look like a blast with the fatty rear tire. Right around 200-250cc seems to be the perfect dual sport size in my opinion. The bigger ones seem too large to be any good on rough trails.

Just picked up a KLR650 last fall. Have gotten a bit of riding in. In a couple of weeks, I'm loading it up and heading into the forestry roads of the Arrowhead and hit some remote lakes. Looking forward to it.

Just picked up a KLR650 last fall. Have gotten a bit of riding in. In a couple of weeks, I'm loading it up and heading into the forestry roads of the Arrowhead and hit some remote lakes. Looking forward to it.

Alex, sounds like a good time. I'm going to try and get out and do a weekend like that sometime after the Walleye opener in a few weeks. Just put a rear rack, side bags, and small removeable windshield on my Yam XT225.

Have a great time. cool