• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Enduro/Dual Sport riders out there?

leech~~

I picked up a used XT225 Dual Sport last fall and will be planing a few rides this year. Any other riders out there? cool

Man, am I the only one with a Dual Sport, or no one has looked in the garage yet this spring? frown

I just went and checked the garage... no enduro's there only a couple of road bikes. Sorry Leech! ;-)

There must be some one out there that will respond though... Take care and N Joy the Ride././Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo. Hey you don't know any Kenow's down there around Lonsdale? I have a friend that has had a cabin on Sheiles Lake (sp?) for about 40 years that I haven't seen in awhile.

Road bikes are fun, but with a Dual Sport you can hit the road and then the woods when you get there! cool I'm planing on doing some rides up north camping and maybe fishing on some back woods lakes this year, or just bumbing up to the northshore and riding some of the back trails. Hard to do on a HD in the soft dirt! wink

Thanks Jimbo. Hey you don't know any Kenow's down there around Lonsdale? I have a friend that has had a cabin on Sheiles Lake (sp?) for about 40 years that I haven't seen in awhile.

Nope sorry don't know any of them. Shields lake is just down the road from here though. It is one of those lakes that the fish are always biting in up until the time my boat hits the water there!!! ;-) Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Leech, what kind do you have? and how long have you had it?

97 XT225 Yam got it at the Hay Days Grass Drag and Swap meet last year. I put a pic of it in the Show off your Rides post.

leech, can I ask the price? Just wondering if I can swing one if I see a good price on a used one.

The guy wanted about $1600 if I remember but I got him down to $1400. They normaly do run higher then what I paid, but you have to look around. Check HSO cla, or some of the auction sites. wink The nice thing about a Dual Sport is their street legal and you don't have to run on just the Moto trails all the time! smile

Way to roll Leach , i have a KAWASAKI KLR 650 in the process of camoflodging it right now!its awesome she'll do a 100 mph no problem ,flick er off across a cornfield no problem, after i had my bike shop put 20/80 nobbies on her ,had to, lotsa a torque it would just blow that rinky dink enduro tire off !Lets just say im gettin a little to old to be puttin it down!made a rack for the back to hold a small tackle box and two rod holders for fishin but what i really got it for was mushroom huntin ,ive lost 3 to 4 good spots cause people see my truck ,even tried parkin a half mile away still they found my honey holes!been using the bike for 3 years now and still have my best spots to myself , just cruise er right into the woods.Works good for shed huntin to!

Dual sport rider here 05 ktm 640 adventure. My wife has a 06 xt 225. I had a 06 klr 650 a 05 ktm 950 adventure and now my 640. after 20 years of motocross it is weird to ride on the road. even got my motorcycle license a couple of years ago. My brother has a honda xrl 650 and afriend has a suzuki dr 650.

trolloni, I too am a schroom hunter and hope that I can keep an eye out for some when I am down Turkey hunting next month down by Houston. Maybe some time this year we can get some guys to go on a ride fishing or camping or something? But, I may not be able to keep up with you and River with those 650's you guys have! crylaugh

But you can go farther on a gallon of gas grin I've seen many reports of those Yammi 225's getting upwards of 70 mpg.

I measured my old Suzuki 230 Q-Sport ATV on a tank and was averaging 52 mpg.

It's pretty nice riding little bike and I have hit 75MPH with it on the freeway. There is a site for them on the web which is people from all over the world on it talking about their XT225 bikes and some of the mod's and trips they have taken on them. cool

Leech, isnt that yami fuel injected or those just the new ones? got a great deal on the cow and it was what i was lookin for in color anyway , wanted a Honda xr 650 but ya cant touch em used for less than 3500.00 around here, there is a reason they hold there value. pretty happy with the cow ,tons of torque bout like an old Allis Chalmers !

Leech, isnt that yami fuel injected or those just the new ones? got a great deal on the cow and it was what i was lookin for in color anyway , wanted a Honda xr 650 but ya cant touch em used for less than 3500.00 around here, there is a reason they hold there value. pretty happy with the cow ,tons of torque bout like an old Allis Chalmers !

I think they are all carb's but can't speak for the newer larger CC ones. Mine is a carb.

I am waiting for a battery for my 640 so i have been rideing my wifes xt. the 225 xt is a sweet ride pulls 60 on gravel well. With the 6 speed first gear is great for going super slow and 6th is like overdrive. I serviced it tonight and all the oil filters are both cleanable so no parts to buy. Nice economicle bike to ride and plenty of power

I am waiting for a battery for my 640 so i have been rideing my wifes xt. the 225 xt is a sweet ride pulls 60 on gravel well. With the 6 speed first gear is great for going super slow and 6th is like overdrive. I serviced it tonight and all the oil filters are both cleanable so no parts to buy. Nice economicle bike to ride and plenty of power

I think it is one of the nicest all around little bikes out there and I have owned a few D/S's over the years. Have you wife check out XT225.com. It's a site just for XT Yam's. Lots of good info, on mods and servicing them. wink

I just put new set of acerbis hand guards and a windshield on my wifes xt. I may have to find a xt for myself it is a sweet little bike.

Riverview, I have been thinking about maybe putting on a wind shield as well. Where did you find one to fit the XT and what was the price? One other thing a lot of people are putting on their XT's to help out with the seat on longer rides is a Stearns 4 wheeler black seat you can order on line at Wally. They do help some you can see it on my bike in the show your rides post. wink