• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN DNR website

I used to be a "regular" over on the DNR Forums, but abandoned ship about a year ago, due to a couple of morons who had ATV's and snowmobiles on the brain. Every ill in the world was caused by ATV use according to these nutcases. Bird nesting, grouse numbers, lack of large-racked bucks, trout stream degradation, floods....... all being destroyed by the evil internal combustion engine.
The folks who run the Forum there either couldn't or wouldn't put a stop to the flaming, so I got sick of it and left, to come here. They used to have upwards of 100 posts per day on a variety of topics. When I looked in there one night last week there were something like 20 messages, 16 of which were on ATV's. Rick and the guys are to be commended for monitoring this site to keep it civil. Just goes to show that a private outfit can do things better than a government agency any day of the week.

I like the new look. I took me a minute to find the "lakefinder" link but then I was OK. smile.gif I agree with you about the forum over there -- nothing productive ever gets discussed. However, because of some very real First Amendment issues they have very little discretion when it comes to monitoring and deleting posts.