• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mosquito repellent

Hey Queen
I did not see that, nor have I seen it in the stores. One trick I use with the high ower deet repellants is to spray it on the brim and all over a hat, and spray it on an old button up long sleeve shirt. It works pretty good and I don't get the headaches. If you want to chat I am in there now.

------------------
Happy Fishn :D
Mike

I have not heard of that, but a cheap way to do it is to place used dryer fabric softner sheets in your hat. I knew a guy that let them hang down the back of his cap and put them in his shirt pockets and the little nasties stayed away! So if you don't mind looking a little goofy - try it. But I would like to know about the 3M product.

------------------
Phyl

I didn't see the piece on the new 3M product, but I've never found a substitute for Deepwoods Off. It's got just enough DEET to do the job, but not enough to melt my plastic watch band. It also does well on ticks and chiggers.

I do use 90% DEET at certain times, but I hate that feeling of soaking in a vat of chemicals. The dryer sheets sound like way too much of a pain in the you know what to attempt....unless you're just sitting on the patio.

I have been using the 3M stuff in the lotion form for a few years now, great stuff. It stays on well and you need to apply it less then sprays.

For skeeters and them $$%% no seeums and gnats it is the best stuff I have used so far.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

So Eddy, where do you get it? I saw the news report on it and 3M showed they did their homework. Appearently the armed forces have been using this stuff years and now its finally available for the consumers.

They say its available in sporting goods stores but I have yet to see it.