• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fall walleye trip?

slick2526

If you could plan a Walleye trip for a week or 2 in the fall in minnesota where would it be? I was kind of thinking winnie or leeche myself? Any other Ideas? Im open to them all. Probally be me and 3 other people

Hey Slick. it looks like you have a tough choice on your hands...Both of those lakes offer quality fishing as well as other options for day trips to smaller bodies of water. My solution would be to spend a week on each!! smile.gif -nunzio

I'd add the Cass Lake chain to that list. In the same area, relatively little pressure and has a reputation for producing some real pigs in the fall. We've fished it the past two Octobers and have done very well. Not many big fish(8 1/2 lb biggest so far) but lots of good eater fish. Plus a few muskies and pike thrown in for good measure.

We also bring the shotguns along. Very good grouse hunting up there too with lots of public land.

I have to agree with Borch on the Cass Lake chain trip, I've gone with him on a couple of occasions and done well. It's a good thing he can fish because the grouse have nothing to fear from his aim smile.gif

Some very good destinations so far and
I would like to add Lake Vermilion to the list. smile.gif
Excellent fishing for walleye, muskie,
pike and smallmouth bass. After labor day, you can fish for hours and not see another boat.

Except for me of course.... smile.gif

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
aceguideservice.com

My vote would be for the Rainy River, north of Baudette, in late October. I've been going up there for several years and the fishing is always good. There are BIG walleyes there as well as the occasional sturgeon. A couple of years ago my fishing partner boated two 8+ pound walleyes in under an hour (both released).

I also agree with fishing on the Rainy in October, albeit a bias opinion. I caught my biggest mid-November - a whopping 30" 11 1/4 pounder.

The wonderful thing about the Rainy is you have about 38 miles of river to fish, starting from Birchdale down to LOW.

Good luck in your fall fishing trip where ever you go!!

------------------
www.rainyriverresort.com

I would take a week off and fish a small walleye lake that I never fished before thats near to a brook trout lake. Find the fish in both and have a ball. Mind you this would be during grouse and fall color season.
I would even pick blue berries and lay on a sunny bank and fall asleep while looking at a Fall Blue Bird sky.
The Sky is Blue The Sun Is Warm...Ahhh I all ready there.