• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Confused...need answers

MNUser

OK. Here is my "big" problem:

My wife, who is the best in the world, gave me the go ahead to spend 500 or so on a GPS/Sonar for my boat. I bought the Garmin 168 Sounder last March at the Minneapolis sport show. I installed in on my boat and was semi-impressed with it. I found that is did not graph objects very well. I knew that the peak-to-peak was only 1200. I was a little worried about this after reading other posts. I did get the Map Source CD for free from Garmin...a nice bonus.

I can take it back and get the new Lowrance LMS 240 for about the same price as the Garmin but the LakeMaster maps DO NOT work with this unit. Man.......the LMS has more power (3,000 watts peak-to-peak), more waypoint ability, more memory.....I was really excited about getting the 1ft contours for Gull Lake....

What do you folks think? Will LakeMaster make the maps work on this unit? Are they really that important? I really value what you have to say. I have to make up my mind by Friday night. If I'm going to return the Garmin I have to do it on Saturday. This means I have to drive to St. Paul and return it.

Please help......does anybody have any experience with either of the two units? How about another one in the same price range??

Thanks for the help.....

------------------
Take a kid fishing today!

[This message has been edited by MNUser (edited 05-08-2002).]