• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trapping your own minnows

Capt'nJosh

Are there restrictions on where you can and can't trap minnows? I used to help my grampa trap them back in South Dakota when I was a kid, but haven't tried since. We used to put chunks of bread in the trap to bait in the bait! Does anyone have any tip/tricks/techniques to offer?

Most designated trout streams are off limits to minnow trapping unless you can get a special permit.
Your traps must also have a tag with your name and address on them.
Bread works ok as bait . Dry dog food also works, and I have caught them using styrofoam packing peanuts in the trap as an attractor.
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005

Hey Josh
I do a lot of trapping and would't mind showing you how I go about it.I also seine minnows and could use a hand with the net.Since we are in the same general area maybee we should get together for some splasing around in the creeks.The only problem is that fresh lively wild minnows was going to be the card up my sleave for LETS smile.gif
Shoot me an Email

------------------
[email protected]