• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Boat Covers

duckbuster

I'm looking for some opinions on what I should do with my cover. I have been told that when I travel I will need to take my bow-mount and the console windshield off in order for the cover to fit properly.
Because I don't want to hassle with doing that I am thinking about altering the cover itself.
I have a concern about adding new seams to the cover and by doing so I will weaken it, making it easier to tear.
1. Should I go thru the hassle and take things off?
2. Should I have it altered?
3. Any recommendations on who could do the altering?

I appreciate any suggestions from my FORUM FRIENDS! Thanks and GOOD FISHING

I would just take the cover off while traveling That is what I do. I don't know why everyone thinks that the boat need to be covered going down the road. The cover flapping around going down the road just weakens the cover. AJ

I would put a quick disconnect mount on the trolling motor. It works great and only takes a couple of minutes to remove or mount the motor.
The windshields also are quickly and easily removed.
Just store them on the floor under the cover.
The cover also will deter those rotten thieves that seem to be everywhere!!
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005

Have a custom cover made. I did not take the Lund cover when I got my boat. I had a custom cover made and it is reinforced in the areas it needs to be, like the windshield, trolling motor and corners. I am very glad I went this route and the price is about the same.ScottS

I just bought a new Lund also and had the same problem. I took my boat to tarps inc. In savage an had them add material to my cover to fit over the trolling motor, windshield, and Kicker. It is warantied so you don't have to worry about it. They also reinforce everything they do. They did a great job on my cover. By brother also had his done about five years ago and he has not had any problems. I would just go ahead and have it done. I payed $115 to have mine done.