• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

South Dakota Concerns

Hawks

Hey guys, I have a few questions for anyone that has fished Lake Oahe lately. I am heading out there this weekend to "sharpen up" my skills for the Minnesopta opener.

My concern is that I have heard Lake Oahe is experiencing an above average smelt run this spring. Could anyone update the status of this run? We had planned to fish the Gettysburg area, but are now considering a spot further down river towards the Cheyenne or even another lake such as Waubay. I have been unable to locate any updated information on the web so I am turning to fellow anglers on this forum. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, good fishin!

Hawks

Hawks...we had a group fishing Oahe out of Selby/Mobridge last week. The smelt run (first in about 4 years) really shut them down. In fact they were shut out fishing the Mobridge area around the Moreau and Walth bay. They ended up going down to Lake Sharpe by Pierre on Saturday and finally caught a few.

To polish the skills, Waubay might be the best test...

good luck..

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598