• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wave Wacker Scum

My wave wackers are cover with scum. It almost looks like oxidation. Does anybody know of any chemicals I can use to clean it? I have tried many of the boat washes and houshold cleaners. One person suggested that I use the acid that truckers use to get the oxidation off of semi trailers. This same stuff is on my motor. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
<;(((><

Just one product....The Works (toilet and bowl cleaner), it works like magic, spray it on, rinse it off. It will remove any water stain, deposits, etc. Especially heavy stuff. Cost $ .83/bottle at WalMart. Then wax them or spray some silicone, so anything will stick on it.

Hello WP,

I personally just use either armorall or son-ofagun spray to remove the water scum or droplets. It works well and doesn't smell as potent! Like D-man said, us a coat of wax or rainX on them and they will shine for a longtime.

It sounds like a good case of hard water stain. Wipe them down with white vinager as one of the previous posts suggests, if that dosen't work to your satisfation, pick up a jug of CLR. You can find it anywhere. Then wax the dump outta them!

Hello WP,

I work for a Metro Plastics Company your Wave Wackers are made of Polycarbonate Sheet plastic. The only recomendation I would suggest is "Do Not" Use Harsh chemicals on them as any Amonia based cleaners or Man made chemicals will break down the properties of the polycarbonate & eliminate the UV protection in the resins of the plastic & this could be bad for them over time in the sun. As stated above use Vineger or a Citrus based product to clean them & wax them really good to prevent future scum.

Good Luck
SportFishin'

Speaking of wave wackers,I've been looking to buy one of those for my tracker boat. I've looked everywhere, and I can't seem to find them here in Utah. I need them bad... can I make them or is it specialty made product?

How much do they cost? If selling, what would be a good price?