• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Delivery breakdown!!!

Jim W

I just want to take a brief moment to exclaim my complete dissatisfaction with the various delivery companies! I won't name the company, but they srewed up big time!

Here's why!
Jeff Beckwith from Scenic Tackle had shipped a very large donation of tackle for this years Trout Day. Well, it never arrived! At first, I blamed Jeff for not coming through(a lesson in "never assume"), then he called last night to ask how the tackle worked for trout!

To make a long story, I just got off the phone with the delivery company and they gave several different excuses, but it came down to simply being LOST!! Not finding my house!! The driver even called and asked me if I lived in a different County!???

IN turn, I lost out, Trout Day attendees lost out and Jeff Beckwith lost out. Jeff lost out because his gracious donation never came to fruition and people never had the chance to test his wonderful product!!!!

ALl in all, I am frustrated, but now it has been settled!!

Never assume people, especially through "word of mouth", only through the "horses mouth" will I heed the truth!!

Now if I can convince Jeff to donate in the future!!!???

Back to fishing!!!

Jim W

Jeff & Scenic Tackle will donate in the future I bet. He is a great guy and has great products. He provided products at all the ice challenges and I am sure he will understand the mix up.

I have been in your exact situation many times before. It Seems every time I don't get something I blame the sender and it ALWAYS ends up being the freight company. I never seem to learn though!

Oh, and I bet those Angel Eye Jrs would have worked for trout. Seems like they would have great action with a little current pushing them!ScottS

I know your frustrations. A freight company (initials CTI) lost (stole) a 9.9 Yamaha 4-stroke motor I bought from a guy in California. That was a year ago. No motor, no apology, not even a refund on my shipping charges! All I got was a measly $10 because they would only pay $.10 per pound shipped. What a joke and a scam.

After a long, stressful debate, the 3rd party shipping company who arranged the shipment paid all my money back plus $50 for the hassle. All out of their own pocket. They were never reimbursed by the contracted frieght company (CTI).