• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
RipJigger

Crappies

Can anyone tell me approxamatly at what water temp do the crappies start moving up into the shallows? smile.gif

At this time of year, shallow water Crappies rely more on stable weather then water temp.

I have done well at 43 degrees on pre-spawn crappies in 2 feet of water, after 3 days of stable weather.

I have 44-46 now, and none shallow. Infact I got Crappies this afternoon out of 30-50 feet of water.

PCG

Hi guys,

I concur with both D-man and PCG on there comments. I like the mid 50's and at least 2 day of stable weather prior to going out. It should be very good this weekend. My neighbor and I have boated 29 in two trips and 25 of them have been 11 to 12.75" in length. All of them have been caught in 1' to 3' of water that register at 54 to 57 degrees, but not necessarily stable weather conditions.