• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Before Fathead tells you

All right guys, you're gonna hear it from somebody else, so I'll just come out and admit it.
Today I decided I would go out and try my luck on clearwater lake. Little did I know that I had everything but luck. all right I'll stop beating around the bush. I forgot to put the plug in. Hey some people have to learn the hard way and I'm one of them. So I backed in tied it up, parked my truck and got In and fired the motor up to take off. Then I look behind me to see how the trim was doing and I see water all the way up behind me. So I spent the first half hour of my trip giving the bilge a workout. There, I feel better. Oh yeah, I got 5 11 inch crappies and about 50 bass. The fish appear to be moving closer to the shallows, but they're not in large numbers yet. oh well not to long til opener.

------------------
Don't let your meat loaf

Well, you have to admit that you did this now and not on opener when you have EVERYONE watching you. Hubby and I have been there and done that. But, it's always embarrassing no matter when you do it and how many people are watching. Glad to see you actually got out and caught some fish.

--------

Hey! Your bobbers gone! shocked.gif

I have also failed to even bring the plug along. That is when you have to be creative. I have used wads of grass, assorted wadded up garbage, or even a plug carved from some alder on the bank. That one actually worked pretty well so I saved it for a back-up!

Actually I am thinking of putting mine on a chain right on the front of the boat so that when I unhook the boat from the trailer I will see it and hopefully remember to put it in the boat at that time!!!!

------------------
Phyl

Did it too! Last year. It took about 5 minutes to get it up on plane carrying all that water and then 10 minutes of driving around without the plug in to get the water drained out. I had a witness too, not that I wanted one!ScottS

Scotts, you are lucky....you won't believe how vertical a boat can travel on water shocked.gif my little 14' with 200gallons of water and (thank godness) a 30hp took 20 minutes to get empty, 10 minutes to get on a plane. The thing was pointing at satellites in the sky...I thought I could get PayPerView from DSS....

But that was the confirmation of that if you forget plug...you can still empty the boat and don't sink it.

Val

Its all right, I opened this thread as a sort of support group for people that feel like morons. not only am I the thread starter, .............I'm also a non plugger.