• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

$100 PRIZE - Millennium Lure

Ice hole/ A long time lesson in fishing is to "match the hatch". Can you honestly tell me if i pull a beer can through the water that a Walleye would hit it? I was really impressed with the real image on these cranks. These cranks out fished a Perch Rapala on Mille Lacs. We pulled the Stick Minnow in the Clown pattern righ along side the Perch Rapala and the Stick Minnow smoked the Rapala. When i have people paying me thier hard earned money to catch fish, iam not tyin on something that won't produce. I too am a realist until i try something. These baits just produce fish. If a fish can't tell the difference, they why don't Walleyes hit my bottom bouncer instead of my bait?

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

[This message has been edited by D-man (edited 05-29-2002).]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to get in here to. I don't think this is all "hype"! When I test a lure, side by side with my favorite Shad Rap and it outfishes the Shad Rap 4-1, I want to tell someone. The best part about these lures is that they are sold here! You get a chance to promote this great site by buying them here, catching fish and telling everyone about them. I am not typing this because I get paid to promote this product, they work!! Give them a try, especially behind some Lead Core and I think you will be impressed. My pictures are in the mail!!ScottS

Thnx for the responses guys...'BE' I think you like my name a little too much grin.gif or should I say BACKWATER EDDY. Rick, just out of curiosity who makes the lures for ya? Does your (i think brother??) make them? Or does Matzuno? Pradco? Just curious. Since I can't go to my local store and see one for myself, what kind of hooks are used?, can you slap them against the water fairly hard and not have the finish ruined or the lip fall off? (don't try that with FRENZY's or the new line of STORM warts) What kind of skirts are on the jigs? What kind of jig hook? Just lookin at the lures...cranks that is...they look close to the matzuno line which bandit lures and diawa (yes they make lures...weird huh) use as well. I can't tell for sure though. And about this rubber coating...if it does get a ding in it, will it peel off right away? Will water get under it? The bass jigs have the rubber coat too? cool. I like that. Still waiting for people use them longer than one trip and see how they hold up smile.gif If I would see someone post saying "yeah I have used these for years now...blah blah blah..." and then talk them up...I would be putting my order in now smile.gif So far I see one trip wonders.

Ice/ They are made by Millennium Lure. They are new to the market just like any other brands were at one time. I can tell you that a Walleye can put holes in my Rapalas causing them to fill with water. These baits are much tougher. All the Walleyes i have caught on these baits i would have to expect the bait to be tore up. But they aren't. Not sure if you do more Bass fishing, but i have seen guys who like to whack thier baits on the water to shake weeds. Iam not sure i would do that with any crankbait because it can cause the bait to run out of tune forever.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 05-30-2002).]

Yeah,

It may be a little transparent and the lures are a little higher priced than the ones I would normally order.

However, this web site is obviously not free and there are several people that work very hard to maintain it. I'll tell you right now that if products and services weren't sold on this site it would no longer exist.

Therefore you're darn right they are plugging products that the FM site sponsers. I for one appreciate the work these people do putting this site together and if we all want this forum to continue to operate, we better either make anonymous donations to Rick....or buy some products off of the site.

Yes I'm sure Rick does this cause he enjoys it......but like all things, it aint free. What difference does a few extra cents make when you buy tackle????

You can be certain that these guys would only promote quality products so show your support for what they are doing with the site and buy some stuff.....

------------------
-------------------------
BASS SEASON IS UPON US.
Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy.

That's cool ICEHOLE. Your loss because they do work very well. I don't believe in a "miracle lure" either, but I do believe in what works.

But hey eh, Thanks ICEHOLE, your a bud!

That just puts that $100 closer to MY pocket is all.

wink.gif

I just wish Rick would have told ME sooner!

I don't take as many piggy pic's as I used to do, my goof eh. This spring I whooped the eyes on the Ratttl'n Shads big time. Some real sumo piggys too!

Thats ok, there be more where they came from, maybe......even bigger.

We-We-We!

grin.gif

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Ice Hole,
It's a new company. Only been around a few years. These baits are well built with quality materials and New Technology. I'll let the guys who've been using them fill in more detail for you.

I CAN say they are made to take abuse. That's part of the charm of Millennium. They're made to be banged and bumped.

I'm so confident in Millennium, I'll make this offer to you Ice Hole, order online here and get yourself some lures. If you're not completely satisfied after giving an honest effort, send them back to us and we'll happily refund your money and we'll send you a little gift for your trouble.

But, when you find they work, I'll expect you to come right back here and let everyone know, as well as make another purchase of Millennium Lure Tackle.

You can't lose. So, is it a deal?

One other note, we always treat good customers very well. My bet is you'll appreciate your second order even more.

Skeptical customers often become our best supporters.

Darnit Rick!!!!!!!

I really wish I could have gotten a hold of some of those baits yesterday......I'd be $100 richer.

Last night I caught more than 60 fish on topwater (Zara Puppy that got all the paint dinged off) and a 23 inch bass on a spinner bait. My cruddy spring scale said 7 pounds and I'm sure it was at least that.

I haven't caught fish on topwater like that since I left Indiana. None of the topwater fish were trophies but some were 18 and 19 inches......I don't know what happened to turn these fish on but I was having a blast. At one point I made 9 casts in a row and caught 9 fish. My brother in law caught 15 or 20 fish using plastic worms and was just laughing that I was throwing topwater until he saw that my wrists were getting sore from setting the hook.

I'll get my order in so I can take some of these lures up to Blackduck next week.

Pwaldow.......Are you going up next week????
We'll do some scientific studies.....maybe Rick would even finance your trip for research purposes. grin.gif

------------------
BASS SEASON IS UPON US.
Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy.

I have been using the Illusion Series, 4" Ghost Shad in Clown pattern a lot lately. Despite having lots of tooth marks in it, it is still in great shape. It still has a good finish on it and runs true. The holographic pattern is built into the lure and doesn't seem to be effected by tooth marks or wear. Great lure!!ScottS

Ice Hole If I ever have a crankbait that lasts me years, I'll let ya know. Experience has shown me that a big part of the longevity of a lure is beyond the manufactures’ control.

grin.gif

Mother Nature eventually likes to add them to her collection despite my best efforts to keep them away from her.

So far in my experience the metallic finish is very durable but not infallible, teeth marks as well as scratches happen. No big surprise they’re to me.

The Look-Alike series with the rubberized finish is amazing stuff. I beat the snot out of the Rattl'n Shads and they look like new. Gators and all, the finish is extremely durable stuff and hold up.

The finish on the jigs should prove to be as durable and I have plans to put them to an extra mean test course to see what’s up with them. If the quality is as good as they appear I think I may have a new "Specialty Jig" for some of my guiding practices. Enough said about that for now, but they look great too.

I guarantee you this, If I do not like a produce you will not here me say anything good about them just because I am field testing them. I am not shy about voicing my opinions and recommendations, let the chips land were they might, that is my way.

------------------

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

I don't have much time or energy in the summer to get on here and check things out, but after meeting many new people up at Vermillion I decided I'd look around. When I saw this topic in the past, I didn't even bother opening it. If I would have opened this topic a week ago, my response would look similar to Icehole's. After fishing with some of the lures this weekend I had to jump in and tell you my thoughts.

I have a few tackle boxes full of equipment and the last thing I would want to do is buy a bunch of "as seen on the internet" junk. If I don't have the opportunity to see the tackle I'm very hesitant to buy. I tend to be a skeptical person, but in this instance, I have become a believer.

My teamate is ScottS for the Fishing MN LETS events, the Minnesota Tournament Trail and some other tournaments. Scott started the day with a couple different Millenium lures on his poles. I had similar tackle on, but mine were my stand-by cranks, spinners, etc. I looked at the lures he had tied on in the morning and, to myself, I questioned his selection, but didn't bother saying anything to him.

Within two hours of the tournament start, I switched over to his Millenium lures. I was catching fish with my lures, but not as many as Scott was with his. In a tournment situation its about catching fish and not about your own personal pride in lure selection. When his lure was out-producing mine I switched quite quickly. We had a great time on the water, and boy did we catch fish. On the Millenium spinners and cranks we caught Walleyes, Smallmouth, Largemouth, Northern, and even a Muskie.

The lures definitely passed the field test this weekend. As far as durability goes they did well there too. The wire on the spinners got bent after being slammed by fish, but you could bend the wire back strait and the blade design would keep them running true. This is very important in a spinner bait. The paint on the head still looked like new.

The cranks were in excellent condition even after being clamped beteen hundreds of razor sharp northern teeth. I didn't slap the baits against the water to test them, but I did hit my fair share of rocks casting to shore and trolling over the rocks.

If you troll over jaged rocks, your bound to snap some lips off your cranks. On opening weekend on Mille Lacs I snapped the lip off a Reef Runner and my buddy snapped the lip off a Rapala trolling rocks at night. I'm sure it will happen with a Millenium some time down the road, over the past few years it has happened to every other type of lure I've trolled with. Maybe they will prove me wrong.

As far as price goes and being a little high, I haven't seen the price list yet. When your spending hundreds on poles, gas, beer, lodging, and other equipment, the cost of a lure may not be that important. The spinner baits the Millenium spinners were out producing were titanium baits that run five to eight dollars a piece.

As you can see I am not an admin endorsing a product. Like I said way back at the beginning of my post, my spare time is limited in the summer. I wouldn't waste this much time writing this if I didn't believe in the lures. I'll be ordering some in the near future.

P.S. Scott don't get a big head because your baits out produced mine this weekend. smile.gif Some times I have the hot hands.......

[This message has been edited by flyingfish (edited 06-02-2002).]

I don't have a lot to add to Flyingfish's post, I think he covered it very well. Every fish I caught this weekend was on a Millenium lure. I should clarify, every fish except our walleye which we caught difting with snells. This was my first opportunity to give the full selection of lures a try. The spinner baits were the ticket for us, primarily the 3/8 oz Shad patterned ones. We also caught a lot of fish casting the Illusion (Shad) series cranks over the rocks and retrieving them pounding the rocks. Tought on the baits, but they still look good and run true with a little tuning. ScottS

Well, I ordered a couple spinner baits and a stick bait. Will try them as soon as I get them barring this bad weather. Lightning on the lake is bad!

A little clarification on Scott's post....Scott did catch one lucky walleye on a millenium spinnerbait wink.gif the rest were on snells....

Well, I ordered on monday and received the lures on wedneasday! Very fast. The spinner baits look great. I also received a hand written note from someone informing me that the clown stickbait was out but as soon as they get them in I will receive it. That was nice to see. Very personal. I did throw one of the spinner baits last night, but nothing was biting on much of anything. Was hard to wish when the weeds were all cut up and would run down your line.

Is millenium lure ever planning on making darker spinnerbaits and jigs?? All the colors I see look great for clear water and sunny days. How about some black spinnerbaits and black jigs smile.gif call em midnight or somethin. They don't necesarily have to be black, but a darker lure definately has its place...especially with bass jigs and spinnerbaits.

I've got two nice pictures already.
REMEMBER $100 for the best picture of a fish caught with a Millennium Lure product submitted before ice-up.

Single fish only with the lure in the picture. Please identify the size of fish and the lure used.

E-mail the pic to:

[email protected]

PS. You can see the Millennium Lure tackle at:
http://millenniumlure.com

hey guys I was thinking of getting a clown pattern stick minnow and then a look-a-like rattlin shad but I was wondering what pattern I should get for the rattlin shad? the lures definitely look great and im sure they will work the same.

------------------
-Chase

Probably the best all-round pattern for the Rattlin Shad is either the Shad or the Black and Chrome. These two patterns work in just about any condition or lake. Plus I don't know any bass that would pass up a nice shad dinner. wink.gif
Try one of those, or both, you won't be disapointed. Good luck!

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com

I think you'll find Adam's suggestions also very helpful for walleyes as well.

The shad/black-chrome pattern very much resembles Tullibees/Ciscoes, which are one of a walleyes favorite meals.

The rattlin shads are very effective for casting as well as trolling.

You're going to love those Rattlin Shads, I know I have.

A fishing buddy of mine was at Cabela's last
year for there side walk sale he picked up some takle he thought i could use and one of them was a pack of mellinium lizard they called bass candy the colar is kind a like cotton cany with blue speks

So far I would say the Rattlin Shads don't get passed up by much of anything. Starting this spring I have caught more river walleye on them then any other lure of that style.

Pike/muskie go ape do-do for them too. I am planing to try again to persuade an elusive Red River muskie with the larger size Rattlin Shads in days to come.

I had a large Rattlin Shad get WOOFED up by a huge toothy critter and then..WEEEEEEE..WEEEEEEEE...ZIPPPPPPP...ZAPPPP..ZINGGG..GONE!

I now invested in a couple titanium leaders so bring it on sumo gaiter...bring it on...lets dance baby!

------------------

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]