• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

$100 PRIZE - Millennium Lure

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dano2/ The Stick Minnows are not numbered like a Rapala. The Stick Minnow comes in a standard 5" size. The Stick Minnow is different from the Ghost Shad and Ghost Minnow. The Ghost Shad is more of a Bass bait becasue of its round profile. The Ghost Minnow is similar to a Rapala Shad Rap. I like to use the Stick Minnow with 8/12 Fusion superline. The 8# diameter gets the bait down 6-8 feet with 60-70 feet of line out. I use the Stick Minnow over small rubble and shallow gravel. Most stick type baits have a tendency to get hung up over big chunk rock because the way the bait runs with the hooks running straight with the bait. I then like to run the Ghost Minnow over bigger chunk rock and boulders in 10 feet of water or more. The way these baits run with the lip keeping the bait head down and the hooks in an upward position make it less likely to get snagged up. I run the Clown Pattern Stick Minnow and the Golden Shiner Pattern for the Ghost Minnow. I can get the Ghost Minnow to run 9-11 feet with 8/12 Fusion with 75-85 feet of line. As with any crankbait, speed does not effect the depth. The pattern on these baits are excellent. Good Luck

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Indeed there are a lot of lures and soft Plastics in the Millennium line-up.

They work great for Bass (smallies and largemouth), walleyes, and pike.

We're still looking for more pictures of fish caught with and pictured with a Millennium Lure product.

We have 4 right now.

$100 to the best photo and we'll be showing them on FishingMinnesota.com soon.

To view or order Millennium Lure products click the link below.

http://MillenniumLure.com

Hey folks, I'm heading to Ottertail lake this week for some early evening fishing.
Most likley will pull plastic in the shallows
for starters, and definetly when it gets dark.
I hear alot about this Millenium stick minnow/clown pattern, any certain size i should get/ are they numbered like Rapalas?

Also, Is this different from the 4" Ghost Shad/Clown Pattern, that some are talking about?

Saw the story about catching all them walleyes on Mille lacs,
what depth and how much line are you letting out for these lures,
what about your trolling speed?