• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Mushroom Hunters out there?

i used to pick some wild mushrooms a few years back...shaggy manes ..and chantrells..shaggy manes were the easiest for me to identify...chantrells were trumpet shaped and had an "apricoty " smell...anyway ...little old italian lady showed me the shaggy manes...fried up with onions on a sirloin..awesome!....thanks ...jon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found another 6# yesterday. 3"to 9" and most of them fresh, but some were drying out.We're in the middle to the end of the season in this area. As long as this rain comes thru we should be able to pick thru the weekend I think.
Is anybody else having luck??

We finally got some rain in out area (St. Cloud) If you haven't been out yet this is going to be your last chance. With the lack of rain we have had things have been pushed bacak considerably. This is the weeke to find your morels if you haven't. Today should be good but tomorrow should be the best.

Bodyman, good to hear you are finding some. We have been so dry here that the little ones I have found have been so few and far between it has not been worth mentioning. Things seem to be perfect right now.ScottS

I found some morels in the St. Cloud area last night. We had a good rain two days ago and that is what brought them out. These were big yellow morels, so I would guess we are pretty much done now. Maybe Northern MN will still produce this year.ScottS

Scotts, Glad to hear you found some. The big yellows are great for stuffing. I'm looking one more time this weekend. Maybe heading north 100 miles or so looking for low lying areas and north hill sides. Anywhere that stayed cooler the last few days. Then the wait till next year and back to fishing.

HAS ANYBODY FOUND ANY MORELS AROUND THE DULUTH AREA? I'M NEW AT MOREL HUNTING. I CAN SEE A DEER SLITHERING THRU BRUSH AT 150 YRDS.,A GROUSE IN THE WOODS DUEING 50 DOWN A DIRT ROAD, BUT I CAN'T FIND A MOREL!!

I was up at Vermillion last weekend and things looked perfect for Mushroom Hunting. You had some rain on Sunday evening I think so you should get out and check. It is getting pretty late now. I am done for the year. The dry weather in out area made it a bad year for mushrooms but a good one for the pheasants. I would bet you could still find a few in the Duluth area.ScottS