• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Access Near Ford Plant

I am a student at the University of St. Thomas and would really like to go fishing on the river. I went for a little drive on Mississippi Blvd from the Ford Plant to the north and saw about 5 boats fishing on the river. Where is the access located? I also heard of there being an access north of the dam. Where is that located? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ELW, I fished the river last weekend for the first time with fishhead and Dark30. On Saturday we launched at Hidden Falls, which is just south of the Dam, and on Sunday we launched at Fort Snelling, which is on the MN just north of the confluence. Of the two the Fort Snelling launch was by far better. You just need a park sticker to launch there,...$4 a day or $20 for the year.

If you need more info, or if you are ever looking for a fishing partner let me know. I have really gotten hooked on the river walleyes,..what fighters they are compared to lake fish!!

ELW,
There used to be an informal access at Riverflats Park by the U of MN --it is now closed to the public for use as a construction staging area. Otherwise, as Grabs said, you can put in at Hidden Falls and go thorugh the lock up to the river north of the Ford Dam.

The Hidden Falls launch ramp is in the park just south of the Ford plant. Take River Road south and go down into the park. There is also a park entrance further south but you cannot get to the ramp from that entrance.