• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trap-Link

USDA3

Any one use the Clam Trap link? I have last years Yukon and was wondering where to find them now that they don't carry them at Clam anymore. I called calm and they don't have that model anymore and they won't be making anymore since it isn't on the shacks anymore.

Also, will ANY Clam with a trap link connecter in the back fit with another clam? Of does it have to be Yukon to Yukon so to speak?

thx

I am looking for some too and I been watching a few on that popular auction site. I am looking for the trap link for the X-Thermal though. I saw a couple of those yukon trap links on that auction site though.

No sure how the link system works though. They say Yukons will only fit the smaller houses. Good luck on your hunt.

The only place I found them was on-line at thorne brothers,3-4 months ago.I hook my yukon up to my pro and theres a little of the canvas not zipped up but works fine. they are made to go yukon to yukon,good luck..I see your loc. is hackensack? I'm heading up there tomarrow,never fished around there before.looking for some crappies/northerns. anything biting up there? you can pm..thanks

There is one up for auction now. Here is a description of the trap link.

In this auction you are bidding on a Brand NEW Trap-Link Connector Item #8067.

It is by Clam Corporation and Fits the Trap Link Yukon, X2, and Clam 5600.

The TRAP-LINK Connection system lets you link one Fish Trap portable shelter to another.

With the Trap-Link Connector, simply zipper the REAR doors together and Double the size of your fishing space.

Thanks For the info guys!

Fatcat, I haven't been up there since Christmas time, so my reports are outdated. If your in the area, go to Swanson's in hack, they are usually up to speed on where the bite is, if any this late. Birch can be a lot of fun for northerns and tip-ups, but crappies have been preatty slow this year.

I am heading up to hackensack the last weekend in Feb, i will probably go to leech for a day though since the opportunity for some Jumbos seems a little better than Birch.

Good Luck!

I picked up one of the new Nanooks this year and while I do love it, I find the door in the back of the house utterly useless for that size of shack. I know a half dozen people who bought new clams this year and it would have been great to use a trap link between the sleds....

USDA3, What are you looking to link to your Yukon? I bought a last years model Yukon over this years Solely for the ability to link it with my 6800. I have the Voyager link which is the biggest and I know works perfect for 6800 to 6800 and 6800 to an X2.

I linked my 6800 to the Yukon and it does work but it's not as good as the others I listed. The Yukon is lower so it pulls down on the 6800 putting a bend in the upper cross Pole and makes the door hard to zipper shut. I laid 2 2x4's down flat under the Yukon and it help a lot but could use more hight, or a guy could shovel some snow out from under the 6800 to make it the same level.

USDA3, What are you looking to link to your Yukon? I bought a last years model Yukon over this years Solely for the ability to link it with my 6800. I have the Voyager link which is the biggest and I know works perfect for 6800 to 6800 and 6800 to an X2.

I linked my 6800 to the Yukon and it does work but it's not as good as the others I listed. The Yukon is lower so it pulls down on the 6800 putting a bend in the upper cross Pole and makes the door hard to zipper shut. I laid 2 2x4's down flat under the Yukon and it help a lot but could use more hight, or a guy could shovel some snow out from under the 6800 to make it the same level.

Yukon to X2 and Yukon to Yukon

Lookong for a Trap-Link Connector for my Yukon and 5600. walleye 4 me you stated that a friend of yours working at a sporting goods store located one for you some years ago. If you still have it Or know someone who has one I would Pay Handsome for it. Let Me Know....

1 hour ago, TrampisLovesIceFishing said:

Lookong for a Trap-Link Connector for my Yukon and 5600. walleye 4 me you stated that a friend of yours working at a sporting goods store located one for you some years ago. If you still have it Or know someone who has one I would Pay Handsome for it. Let Me Know....

Welcome to the forum.

Your best bet may be to check e-Bayy and Amazon--   every few days to see if anyone may be selling one.  Since they have not made them in many years you may be out of luck unless someone died and their wife is cleaning out the garage.  Good Luck!