• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishingaddict

Power pro line

If you are refering to the power-pro braid, there should be no memory. It is identical to the older Spiderwire, 100% Spectra.

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

I used Power Pro for all of last year on a couple of my rods and absolutely love it! I wouldn't be afraid to use it in a whole bunch of applications.
Scoot

Power Pro is my new favorite line. I used it all last year on spinning reels and baitcasting. No memory whatsoever and it lasts a long time too. I would highly recommend using it.
bf

I personally haven't used it yet but I bought some at the Muskie Expo when a good friend of mine(he is also an Abu Garcia rep) said it's 100% better than Fireline. I'll be switching

Good stuff maynard. I use 8# on a jigging rod for deepwater or heavy current situations, I still prefer mono on spinning tackle except in above situation. I use the 20# on bottom bouncer casting rods, 30# for Catfishing on the Red and Sturgeon fishing on the Rainy, and Pike fishing LOW. All my Muskie rods are filled with either 50 or 65#. I do still use 14# fireline for trolling cranks, seem to get less bite-offs from those darn LOW jackfish.

Regards....Fisky

Thanks to everyone who has replied regarding the power pro line. I guess I will force my self to spend more money on fishing stuff. I will buy some this week.

Melt ice melt. Lets have open water.

thanks again Fishing addict

Comparing Power Pro with Fireline is comparing two different types -- Fireline is fused, Power Pro is braided.

My favorite braid is Whiplash, which is made of the same stuff as Fireline, but is braided rather than fused. It is great on applications such as Dipsey Divers, bait casters (bass, walleye), and heavy stuff (pike, muskies). Fifth pound Whiplash on a casting reel is as easy as 12 lb nylon braid.