• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What brand fillet knife to buy

chad austin

Hands down. The Cutco is the best knife if ever seen or used. I love how the blade length is adjustable. It slides in and out of the handle and locks down solid. Panfish to Muskie it works for everything... just kidding about the muskies.

I can't believe nobody uses a Chicago Cutlery. 65S for smaller fish and 78S for larger. My favorite knife.

Agreed. I'm also on LOTW and that's what I use, as my Dad does, and as my Grandpa did before him. Great knives that have lasted generations. My dad has had his for over 20 years and it still looks new. My family learned from commercial fishermen that used to fish the lake, good enough for me.

Several years ago I was told a 7 1/2" Boker fillet knife had a great super flex blade. $75. I have only used it maybe 10 times in 20yrs. The blade flexs so much the fillets come out looking garbage.

I got a In-fisherman fillet 6" blade, 15yrs ago, I'm still using that knife. Money sometimes does not bought what feels best in your hands.

Thanks to all of you who replied, I'm still waiting for my new Leech Lake fillet knife to arrive. I will give feed back on how I like it after I use it a few times, like many of you, I have been using the original Rapala knife from when I was kid (I actually got mine after my grandma past when I was 12) as a hand me down and the blade is getting kinda thin from being sharpened. I look forward to handing this new knife down to my son. Maybe I'll just give it to him sooner than later and then he can clean all of our fish and I'll just watch lol.

Thanks again to all who chimed in

Chad Austin