• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

City of Lakes Skijoring Loppet!

Dbl

Had a very busy couple of photo weeks so I decided to have some fun and catch the City of Lakes Skijoring today at Lake of the Isles. What a great day for it, warm and perfect weather. Lots of folks participated and spectated! Next year I think I will participate, my dog would love it!

For those interested I shot two cameras, one remote Mark IIN with 17-40 on a plate. The second was the 7D and 300/2.8. That might have been a bit long but I wanted some close action. I actually used the remote shots to stitch together a time-lapse of about 16 seconds or so which I will post in a separate thread.

782541529_y5D44-L.jpg

782541673_YgANw-XL.jpg

782541801_sZf2R-L.jpg

782541917_zGUJQ-XL.jpg

782541368_5mebq-XL.jpg

782541206_iMDyh-L.jpg

#7 Remote shot

782540759_d2YjH-L.jpg

782540883_JdzLE-L.jpg

#9 Crazy starts!

782541034_kJHGy-L.jpg

#10 Remote shot

782540639_GPnJS-L.jpg

Thanks all. It was great fun to watch and photograph! It sure as heck happened fast though. I went to shoot by the start and by the time I got to a straight stretch near the finish the leaders had already gone by, the winners finished in 7 1/2 minutes. I think it was close to 3 miles.

Thanks again everyone! We are lucky to have so many events like this that go on in the metro area. All you have to do is get motivated to get out and enjoy them, the subjects are certainly willing!