• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Dbl

City of Lakes Skijoring Loppet!

Had a very busy couple of photo weeks so I decided to have some fun and catch the City of Lakes Skijoring today at Lake of the Isles. What a great day for it, warm and perfect weather. Lots of folks participated and spectated! Next year I think I will participate, my dog would love it!

For those interested I shot two cameras, one remote Mark IIN with 17-40 on a plate. The second was the 7D and 300/2.8. That might have been a bit long but I wanted some close action. I actually used the remote shots to stitch together a time-lapse of about 16 seconds or so which I will post in a separate thread.

782541529_y5D44-L.jpg

782541673_YgANw-XL.jpg

782541801_sZf2R-L.jpg

782541917_zGUJQ-XL.jpg

782541368_5mebq-XL.jpg

782541206_iMDyh-L.jpg

#7 Remote shot

782540759_d2YjH-L.jpg

782540883_JdzLE-L.jpg

#9 Crazy starts!

782541034_kJHGy-L.jpg

#10 Remote shot

782540639_GPnJS-L.jpg

The dogs sure look like they're having a blast. I love the blue eyes on the huskies. They're gorgeous dogs and these photos bring out that beauty and energy. That would have been a lot of fun to photograph.

Thanks all. It was great fun to watch and photograph! It sure as heck happened fast though. I went to shoot by the start and by the time I got to a straight stretch near the finish the leaders had already gone by, the winners finished in 7 1/2 minutes. I think it was close to 3 miles.

Really like all the the contrast with the white snow and the gray skies how the skiers just pop along with there dogs. I can't believe how fast they move along- pretty crazy

Thanks again everyone! We are lucky to have so many events like this that go on in the metro area. All you have to do is get motivated to get out and enjoy them, the subjects are certainly willing!

Good stuff there. I really liked #8 and how the dogs legs are all matched.

Great shots, Dan! I like #8, too. I also like the joy on the faces of both man and dog in #5. smile