• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd Annual Trout Day!!!

Jim W

Well people, we have just over a month until this years Trout Day, held in Beautiful Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park in SE MN.

<April 27th 9:00am to 3ish>

This years event will prove more educational, fun and of course a lot more and better door prizes!(Don't forget it's FREE)

If you are new to this event, check it out on the Tourney Events Forum or SE MN Forum.

It is for fisherman of all ages and level of experience.

Fly fishing seminars, Spin fishing seminars,
DNR Electro-fishing demonstrations, invertabrate samplings, fly tying demos and we even might have some on-going rod building as well!

Beyond the wonderful educational presentations, a highlight is the drawing for some wonderful door prizes!

This year so far we have Guide trips from, Mille Lacs, Lake Vermilion, Cuyuna Mine Pits,
SE MN Streams/Rivers(2) and the ST. Croix River.<other guide trip(s) yet to be named.

The Drake Motel in BlackDuck, Mn is donating a two night stay for two;

Jeff Beckwith from Scenic Tackle has offered to donate some Angel Eyes. ( JUst to let you know, the Angel Eye hasn't really been field tested in streams in Mn, what an opportunity to have gear that no one else has on the stream?? Gear that I am certain will drive those trout nuts!!!!!!

There will be other fishing gear, gift certificates from Gander Mountain, Magnum Sports, The Bait Box and other fine door prizes, waiting to be given away!!!!!

It is a day to get together, enjoying Spring, meeting and creating new friendships, to learn and share fishing information and the all important need to emphasize conservation and maintenance of SE MN's wonderful fisheries!!!!

April 27th - 9:00am to 3:00ish

(Event attendees receive half off daily park pass)

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

Don't forget to keep your rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 03-21-2002).]

Door Prize Update:

Mel Dickie has graciously offered to donate a rod again this year for Trout Day. If you ever have a desire for a high quality Custom Made Rod, check Mel out at Wild Goose Sports in Rochester,Mn.

Don't quote me here, but I do believe Frank from Redbarn Rods learned from Mel!

Thanks Mel!! Once again someone will be truly blessed with one of your fine works of art!!!

Jim W

Be sure to tell the Park officials when you arrive, that you are there for Trout Day for your half off park admittance!!!!

See you all there.

For those of you early risers, there will be hot coffee and donuts while the supplies last!

Jim W

jimmy,

That applies to the daily or two day pass only. I wish we could get that good of a deal on the season pass, but they would really take a shot in the arm if they did that!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 04-25-2002).]

Hey all!

Doesn't look I will have the luck with the weather this year. It's still on however!!

Chance to win a guided trip on the St. Croix, Mille lacs, Vermilion, Cass lake, Cuyuna Mine pits, SE MN streams and rivers, outdoor prints, tackle from SCENIC TACKLE and TODAY"S TACKLE, rods, gift certificates, A two night stay at the Drake Motel in Black duck and at ClementsonAccessOnRainyRiver Resort on the Rainy river!!

See ya there! I would really hate having to claim all of these prizes my self!!?

Jim W

Oh no, no left over prizes for you! smile.gif

The weather should be a non-factor for attendence. Those that have said they would be there all along will be there. But you might not get the picnickers that hadn't heard about it, like last year.

And if the weather is alittle cool, what could be better than meeting some new people, learning some new things, in front of the fireplace at the pavillion, I think the one half of the building is even heated?

So fish early, come and warm up?, then head back out for the afternoon.

See ya there
Greg

I wish I could attend the 2nd Annual Trout Day. I wanted to go last year.....wanted to go this year....alas I can't swing it.

Everyone have a great time and enjoy the weather (I mean it!). My biggest trout have been caught in the middle of spring snow and/or slush storms.

Good luck and have fun!