• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

graphs and flasher

Scoot

We run two X-75's on our boat and for a couple of different reasons we're considering adding a FL-18 also. Will we have interference problems if we do this?
Scoot

Scoot Yes you will get interferance. Im not sure why you would want the 18 in the boat when you have 2 x75's. I guess you could point it at boats that got to close to you.
Im just not a fan of vexilars. The only reason I bought one is because I got tired of getting interferance from them while ice fishing.

The primary reason has to do with separation-the flashers simply get a lot better seperation, particularly the 18. I fish with a buddy who runs a graph and a FL-8 and he often marks a lot of fish with his flasher that he can't pick up with the graph.
Also, for open water trolling in the summer the flasher would be nice- no major settings to mess with, just the depth adjustment dial.
Anyone else have any idea how much interference I may have to deal with?
Scoot

scott, I dont have a fl 8 or 18 but I do have a zercom flasher that I run with my X-15 and I ran my clearwater classic with my 350A all the time on my last boat and had no problems.I dont understand why you would have interferance with just that brand.

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Because its a Vexilar!
If your runnin your gain hard enough for a double echo chances are good the Vexilar is going to interfer. Khz dosent matter, I run souders with the same khz with no interferance. I can give you a dozen combo's that that run great together and the Vexilar isnt in any of them. Find out for yourself and test the 2. Dont baby the gain and try deep,shallow, hard and soft bottom. Good Luck, ST