• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Temps?

GooseSlayer

Not exactly sure what you mean by your question, but I'll tell ya that fish feed all the time. This does not mean however that every school will feed all the time, but somewhere within any given lake, there will be a school on a feeding frenzy, the trick is finding that school. As far as temps go, rising temps affect the fishes metabolisim which cause them to feed more aggresively. At the same time, falling temps signal a need to feed because the fish realize food will soon become scarce. Maybe some of you biology types can shed some light on "exact" temps, if there are such numbers.

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

What Iwas trying to get at was,I fish southern Mn and at certain temps the crappies turn on.If it's to cold they bite slow,but when the water hits a certain temp they realy fire up.I'm wondering if all the other species also follow this rule,if so what are the temps?I believe it has to do with the spawn also.Thanks again.Keep setting hook.Dave