• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ordered Boat - How long to get it?

korn_fish

Ordered an Alumacraft from a dealer at a boat show. They indicated that they would contact me the following week to finalize the financing as it can not be finalized until the manufacturer provides the engine # and boat #'s and 1 week was typical.

I firmly expressed that I wanted delivery of the boat ASAP since I was doing the rigging of electronics etc. myself. But now it is going on 3 weeks and each time I call they say they will have to check on it and will call me back.

What is typical lead time for boats that are ordered? Should I be concerned here?

I got my Lund and Yamaha in a week and a half in 2008. That was during the summer though when boats and motors were in full swing. I'm wondering if you maybe got affected by a shutdown? I wouldn't think so though, boat show time is big sales time.

Are you planning on hitting some rivers this winter? If not, I would guess you have 2+ months yet to hit the lakes.

Not to get off topic, but what model, size, and outboard?

Navigator 175 sport with 115 Yammie. Mostly river fishing with it on the Mississippi.

their finance dept. as well as my bank locks in the interest rates for only 30 days. It is now 21 days. Will have to go through the whole credit check process again shortly. repeat credit checks in short periods negatively impacts credit ratings. Since they anticipated it only being within one week to get the ID#'s I would have thought they would have informed me for any delay.

I'm thinking you're being affected by a winter shutdown at the factory. This year has been especially tough. For me the big thing would be to make sure I locked in a good interest rate for financing. Hopefully you were locked in if you signed a purchase agreement.

Maybe you need to find another dealership. If the plant was shutdown, then they should have informed you. And if they're draggin their feet and not keeping in contact with you, think what it's going to be like when you have service work to be done. I'd call or go in there and demand they do something or you'll take your business elsewhere.

I ordered an Alumacraft Trophy 185 a week ago , It arrived at the dealership yesterday. Was speaking to the Alumacraft rep, he said they build ahead for inventory this time of year. White and black are the two most common colors and are usually in stock. Is your dealership maybe waiting on a motor or trailer?

You also might want to look at another dealership, they might have what you want in stock. In addition, if sales is dragging their feet, that doesn't sound too good for service. Voice of experience there!

The bottom line here for me is this is some "poor business practice." Boat Dealers and manufacturers should be bending over backwards for someone who is buying a new boat because I can't believe they are selling much if any at the moment. I know things take time, but them not informing you up front would help me decide to move on... if it were me.... I wouldn't be buying a boat from that dealer..... All consumers ask is for a good product and good trustworth service.. you obviously aren't getting that.

I have a little insider knowledge, that if you tried to buy it from a certain dealer..hwy 61.......

They cant get 2010's because they can't get financed through the banks, and Alumacraft will NOT ship to them.

Thats why I was asking what dealer you tried to go through. smirk

spoke to 61marine. They did confirm the financing issue but affirmed me that they were paying cash for the ordered boats and Alumacraft should have it delivered in 1-2 weeks.

I will be swinging through Faribault tomorrow and will try and swing into Lacannes if they are open. I have been told 1-2 weeks too many times now to think this will be reality by hwy61.