• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp Fish Alumni?

CANOPY SAM

I'm just kinda wonderin' how many of you folks ever strolled through, camped in, or fished outta my old stompin' grounds up by Walker. I'll bet there's a mess of you out there. Too bad the old camp went outta business. It was a really wonderful place!

PETE,
I love that name! That was probably Gadbolt lake. We used to take kids there every week. The lake was teaming with little bigmouths - but really a great time for kids with top water baits. I built the benches around that campfire ring, and the benches out in front of the lodge facing the lake. What a beautiful place.
C'mon, there's gotta be hundreds of folks out there that attended Camp Fish. I had hundreds out in my boat alone - most from around the Twin Cities - but many from all over the US.

My son and I were there around 1990 - had a great time. One evening they took us to a small lake probably 20-30 miles southeast of Walker and my son and I caught largemouth bass on chart. topwater Raps literally every cast for 3 hours. Even though he isn't into fishing at this point, he still talks about that evening. Other highlights were listening to Larry Dahlberg share his love of fishing for a couple hours, and during the campfire the last night a beatiful display of the northern lights.

I remember wanting to go to camp fish but I couldnt afford to. I now work at another fishing camp in the area. We sometimes do trips to Gadbolt lake, but because some people illegally stocked pike and bluegills into it, the bass fishing has declined alot. Oh, you still can get some bass, but the lake really lost its uniqueness.

Michael Thompson

www.gemfishing.org