• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Price on a Tracker Pro V-15

Scoot

A buddy of mine is looking at a Tracker Pro v-15 and would like to know if it's a decent boat or not. He's looking at the 15' boat with a 25 hp Merc with eletric start, long shaft (like mine), and power trim. The price directly from Tracker is $7,855.
What do people think? Is this a good deal?
Scoot

Tracker has made enormous strides in the last 10 years -- they are now the biggest manufacturer in the U.S. (which, of course, includes those they have acquired, such as Fisher, Mako, etc.).

I've owned a fleet of boats over the past 40 years, and would never have bought an early vintage Tracker -- however, I now own a Targa 18 and have used it on Lake Michigan, Mille Lacs, Leech, Oahe, plus smaller bodies of water in the upper mid-west. It is a fine boat. The trailer fits the boat, since each is offered as a package. And, I made sure mine was powered by Mercury. Some packages are equipped with Force outboards, and they are not the same as Merc/Mariner even tho Brunswick owns them all.

But, as with any product, shop around and compare notes carefully. It is a good package for the price, but there are others.